Fade effect on huge building

As I notice that the translucent material doesn’t look pretty than the Opaque one, and some of my effect will vanish in the translucent mode as well.

I am looking for a way to fade out my object with it normally looks Opaque,

Is there a better way then switch material dynamically? because my object is a huge building with about 40 materials

I think it’s a stupid way to replace that 40 material with hand-making 40 of translucent material isn’t it?

Try masked material for whole building, animated alpha (from completely black to white through some noise pattern) + DitherTemporalAA node.

Hi! Yura_s

I’m bit confuse about the “masked material for whole building” part

That sounds like change one material into the “animated alpha (from completely black to white through some noise pattern) + DitherTemporalAA node.” style

or should I have to change all 40 of those material?

All 40 materials. It’s not a problem if you have few Master materials and your 40 materials are just material instances of them. Of course, if you have 40 actual materials (not mat. instances), then you should change each of them manually. I agree, it’s primitive, bruteforce method, but it works.

Thanks! Yura_s

I’ll learn some about DitherTemporalAA and give a try on your suggestion

That’s something just new in 4.11 right?

Not really, the DitherTemporalAA node is not new.

Keep in mind that it introduces a lot of noise though… so it’s not like it’s a replacement for translucent materials or anything but perhaps you can get away with it depending on your use case.