[ROYALTY] ExORION Survivor: Alien Invasion | Kaiju Survival Terror XPS

We’re seeking Blueprints Network/Replication Programmer to assist development of
Copilot Input Routing SubSystem.

If you’re not familiar with the concept of Copilot Mode, this is a Controller feature popularized by the XBox, allowing two players to share the same controller. We desire to incorporate Team Copilot mode for both local and remote multiplayer. Our theoretical design is to create a input routing subsystem that can map replicate remappable input bindings from multiple users to specific events, weather to controls pawns, UIs, or events in the game world.

DESIGN DOC

Desired Feature Set

1. Ingame Remappable Input/ Remap on demand
  2. Replicated input values
  3. Ingame Input Schemes Filtering and Change Schemes on-demand.
  4. Ingame Multiplayer Player Input Route Controller to Events
  5. PlayerController, AIController and CPU can trigger Event

If interested in this concept, Join the Fight!

Frankie ‘TechLord’ Taylor
HeadlessStudios.com

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/297037486851489792/578491147782193193/Screenshot_2019-05-16_02.41.05.png

1 Like

**We’re seeking 3D Modular Weapon (Next Future) Designer/Modeler/Animator **to create Photorealistic Military, Modern, Futuristic **Parts **for Weapon Components and Accessories Parts our Weapon Customization System.

The 3D Artist will be with working with Animated [Skeletal Mesh](https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3) and Static Meshes imported into UnrealEngine. The Skeletal Mesh serves as the animated Basebody in which Static Mesh Parts & Pieces (Kit Bash) are attached. 

Requirements:

1. Modeler must Design their own Concept (No Concept Artist)
  2. Rigging
  3. Familiarity with UE4’s Animation and Blueprints Actor System
  4. Familiarity with UE4 Material System for Photo-realistic Organics / ard surfaces
  5. Testing Parts for proper attachment with Animation.

References:

If you want to know more about this Methodology, Join the Fight!

HeadlessStudios.com

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/722/906/large/vitaly-kuznetsov-5.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475115107857203201/577784711049510912/Screenshot_2019-05-14_03.52.36.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475115107857203201/577784703667404800/Screenshot_2019-05-14_03.13.02.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475115107857203201/577785262403485706/unknown.png

We’re seeking an Architecture-centric Level Designer experienced with using Dungeon Architect Themes/Builders…

To rapidly construct the environment from rooms to cities in our Open World Sci-Fi Action FTPS. Our Architecture will take on a Modern/Futuristic Theme inspired by Modular Architectural Design. We’re employing VoxelPluginTechnology to support various forms of dynamic deformation and destruction. Creativity is welcomed.

Requirements:

1. Single and Multi-floor Buildings
  2. Interactive Interior and Exterior
  3. Dynamic Destruction (Walls/Foundation Structures) and Deformation (Landscape/Terrain).
  4. Creative Style (Hybrid: Ancient, Modern, Futuristic)
  5. Functional design with consideration to the combat and non-combat action for human-sized to Titan-sized AI Agents.

Contact Us:

Your game is in an advanced stage of development. Cool :slight_smile: Dungeon Architect? So the game has procedural level, hasn’t it?

Hello @Amelia_P ,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes. To achieve this semi-ambitious concept single-handedly, the game employs Modular / Procedural Generation at practically every layer:

• Dungeon Architect - Architecture.
  • VoxelPlugin - Landscapes and Destructive Elements.
  • Blender Generative Addons for Characters, Machines, Vehicles, Weapons.
  • Custom Procedural BP Classes.

The Marketplace has been invaluable in getting the game to an advanced stage of development rapidly. Allowing me to spend time on research and development special subsystems and features.

Even custom BP classes are procedural? Impressive! :slight_smile: I bet it creates an organic experience. I was struggling to create procedural missions, because it demands a good enemy AI. Then I gave up the idea and stuck with a linear game like Kane & Lynch 2 (prioritizing the player strategy and smoother controls). So, even with the Marketplace stuff help, I know what you’re doing is extremely hard. I tried something similar and failed haha
I’ll be following your progress for sure (I remember you from UDK forums btw ^^)

Hello Amelia_P,

I’m a code-centric game developer, not much of a 3D Artist, so I seek out programmable methods to create/manipulate content. I use the term ‘procedural’ very generically for ‘using algos to do stuff I dont want to manually do’. Some of my proc BP classes are very simple, automating construction and Assembly by spawning, attaching, orientating meshes randomly. Some use additional logic to find the extents, bones, sockets of a mesh actors to attach and orientate to.

Using these algos beats doing that sort of thing from scratch manually…and they’re implemented at the lowest layers to the highest of the design, its all about modular ‘parts’ granularity {Pieces/Fragment → Part → Assembly (PartsGroup)→ Entity}. I use proc assembly to assist me in the content creation process, providing templates to customize. Its more so semi-procedural generation. I believe with more granularity, more variety that doesn’t get repetitive.

Hey TechLord,
I make a living as an artist and I’m a 3D modeler. However, my passion in games is the game designing per se. If I could afford a team, I would leave the visual part to someone more competent than me. But, well, here I am, coding, modeling and animating. The bizarre part of my process is that I already have a fan base BEFORE my game is completed, because my game is based on my own comic book (GN release this year :)). (PLUS, I was talking with CobaltUDK and we’re creating a “Support Group”. Within 12 months, we have to stop our game development and show the games once for all. Been making a game since 2013, without a single game release is a bad joke for him and me -__-).

I can say that you, as a programmer, are way ahead of me. This sample you’ve showed to me, it’s great! A golem being built with assembled parts is a creative way to shape different characters. You did it using algorithm, as I had to model 30 different pieces to assemble modular enemies (it’s the first group I modeled: https://i.imgur.com/PiIKltV.jpg). Believe me when I say you have the advantage of being a programmer ^^

Are you a solo dev as well?

Hello Amelia_P,

Very nice and detailed work. I’m too lazy to learn to model such details (one of many reasons I’m going with a sci-fi/fantasy theme and a stylized pbr w/ photo-realism). In my opinion,* Modular design* is the only way to go. With it, you can produce many different variations quickly and support in-game customization. I believe in the philosophy of modular design and customization so deeply, I’m applying it to practically ALL Entities in ExORION.

HeadlessStudios.com had several active members once upon-a-time during its Rev-share game development. Today, I’m only one that remains and have assumed full responsibility to see ExORION to completion. In the beginning (1.5 years ago to last month), it was very difficult to get a solid Game design for ExORION. Simply too many ideas from team members. I managed to collect and consolidate all the design and story for ExORION over time. I using ExORION’s Game Design Journal as a Guide to quickly prototype ideas.

I fully acknowledge that ExORION is ambitious project and I dont expect devs to join me unpaid, thus, I devised a strategy to continue development solo. I know my critical limitation is content creation, so that’s the primary obstacle I’m attacking by employing…

1. Marketplace Assets & Modification,
  2. Collaborative Modular Construction
  3. Procedural Generation Systems {1,2,3}
  4. Player Creation / Customization.

I’m working with what I have and can get my hands on. I’m developing ExORION to be a game that I want to play. An SciFi FPS in with cool scifi weapons and powers to battle Kaiju, Mutants, Techno-Terrorist.

I will be developing a Campaign System (codename ATHENA) after I complete all the core functionality of the Morpheus Customizer. The Campaign System will be collaborative and semi-procedural. I will use Morpheus as the Application base to develop it.

Perhaps we can discuss what issues you ran into with developing Procedural Missions. From my perspective, capture the flag Game Mode is a great template for proc mission system. Pick up Flag (Point A) and move it to the Goal (Point B), generate obstacles {Enemies, Traps, Mazes} and rewards {Power Ups, Loot, Gold} between Point A and B.

Hiya,
do you want a VR Modeller :slight_smile:

Amelia_P,

Here’s another example of simple procedural generation. This is Sci-fi Procedural Exterior Facade/Panel inspired by Epic’s Sanctuary Demo Map. I can easily change the mesh and material.

Content creation is the main issue for us solos, apparently. I’m talking with solo devs around and everybody is going through the same problem (mine is animation, right now. I’m fighting against a simple mocap system with an old Kinect and capture data programs. Needless to say, modeling meshes variations to use on morphs facial expressions are pretty time consuming).

I checked “Bad Morfo” out. It’s super cool an idea of a universal constructor! It’s a clever way to create visual :slight_smile: I don’t know if it’s the aesthetic you choose, but the parts fit your meshes well. When I created the modular pieces for my enemies (humans gangsters), I had to create the whole models to check each modular part before attaching them. A boring process.

Also, I checked your ExORION docs. Your proposal is awesome! Have you submitted your game to any of Epic Game’s indie program support? I’d never seen someone with a procedural and universal constructor so solid as yours. Man, if you finish a cool demo, you can find a publisher for sure

Oh yeah ^^ My level design logic should be something like that. Simple tasks like Defend a Point or Pick Up flag mode. However, for my game, the enemy AI would be advanced to detect things like the best position to shoot or how they behavior when they find team partners to attack the player (ambush or pursuit). That’s why I gave up on this level design idea and kept a purist third person shooter with shooting strategy (hotline miami or super hot stuff. Kinda “trial and error” shooting mechanic). I want to finish a game first and go fancy later ^^

I’ll ask around and see if any artist wants to contribute to your project. If someone shows interest, I’ll PM you :slight_smile:

@Amelia_P

Thank you for the kind words. I applied for dev grant with bad morfo… no response yet.

I’ll have to contend with animation eventually. My plan for custom animations also includes using a Kinect + Leap Motion Hardware with Brekel& Blender3D Software. I’ve acquire plenty of anim packs too. Also considering procedural solution like Ikinema.

From your description of advance AI, UE4 has all the features you need to achieve that decision making and it may not require super advance AI to pull it off. The emergence of simpler AI behaviors can give the appearance of advanced AI. I do agree with keeping things simple to start.

**We’re seeking Modular 3D Sci-Fi Weapon Parts Designer/Modeler/Animator **to create Futuristic **Parts **for concept Weapon Customization System.

We embrace 3D Procedural Generative Design and Kit Bashing. 

Requirements:

UnrealEngine 3D Import/Export, Materials, Animation Blueprints

HeadlessStudios.com
ExORION #Xevioso - YouTube
Demonstration of

1. UI Concept for InGame Full 6 Degree Camera Control during Customization, Inventory, Crafting Game Screens.
  2. Prototype Weapon Assembly based on using a chassis in which parts are attached internally/externally.
  3. Aesthetic Concept Weapon’s chassis

Cool! I’m using Kinect + Brekel + Mesh Online. Cleaning up the motion data jittering with this equipment is a nightmare because I have only one Kinect XD
Yeah! Your idea of procedural animation is great! I know it’s not like a neural network animation, but it’s much better than the standard blending we have.

Hello @Amelia_P,

I currently have only 1 Kinect as well, I may acquire another one in the future. The Mesh Online looks interesting. What features|advantage it offers that Brekel Software does not?

No advantage. I’m still using Brekel + Mesh Online. I didn’t run further tests, but I noticed something interesting. Brekel is better to data capture (less jitter), but I thought Mesh Online to export as BVH (less crashes) . Oh, yeah. I’m using a very old Brekel version because my Kinect is a 360 Xbox. My old equipment forces me to clean a lot of data and animation jitter. I’m thinking about buying Ipi soft for data capture and tracking…
Mesh Online: kinect mocap demo - YouTube
I experienced a lot of jittering, though.

Neat! I’ll check it out!

Planning out Kaiju Kitbash with greater Eldritch Horror Influence.. I’m thinking Fractals of Flesh. I desire the Monster to be destructible. To achieve these goals, the idea is to assemble the body from modular static mesh parts attached to the skeleton of skeletal meshes in a fashion that supports some form of multi-layered destruction. Static Meshes can be removed, or converted to proc mesh fragments for slicing, destructible meshes. I’m also considering Voxel Objects and Point Clouds. Destruction to achieve destruction.

Uses:

1. Creepy Organics will be used to paint the body of the monsters with spine tingling flesh materials.
  2. Unified Proc Legs, will be used to drive creepy multi-ped animation.
  3. Transformorph will be used to alter Body & Unified Proc Leg Skeletal Mesh bone shape.
  4. SM Fractals will be used to add complex body structure with fractal arranged meshes.
  5. Eye Tracking will be used to add multiple Monstrous Eyeballs that Can Track Targets.
  6. Skull Bones Meshes will be used with other meshes to comprise the visible body parts for unique aesthetic.