Error when Packaging

I got this error when i try to package the sample project “Lyra” for Windows.

Any idea what i forgot?

AutomationException: Multiple game targets found for project. Specify the desired target using the -Target=... argument.
3 Likes

I have the same problem :confused:

1 Like

Im also getting this issue when trying to package any project with UE5.0, City project, Lyra, but a new empty project works…

add -Target=LyraGame ?
I am trying to figure out how to get it on my devkit

1 Like

check on “target =”

1 Like

So I think the issue was… I downloaded the Lyra and City Projects before Unreal 5.0 was released. I have a Gig and im a full time dev, so when the stream went live, they had a fake UE5.0 download, that wouldn’t run till a patch was sent out. Happen in the first 30 minutes of 5.0 launch. Well, I think that was screwy. Both projects I downloaded before UE5 went live have this issue. I deleted and re-downloaded lyra and it fixed it. I also make a blank project before that, and it compiled fine. so the target and version of the build stuff was janky the first hour. redownload the projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

Following AggressiveMaster’s advice, I uninstalled the engine, removed the Lyra local cache content, reinstalled the engine, created a new Lyra project and then I could package on Windows. I still get warnings about the SDK not being set up correctly, but it doesn’t stop the packaging process.

1 Like

mh so is this the only fix?

in Unreal Projects\LyraStarterGame\Source you have
LyraGame.Target.cs and LyraGameEOS.Target.cs. If you cut/paste one of these file in another drive, it works.
I’ve just removed “LyraGameEOS.Target.cs”. Packaging is in progress

1 Like

It does not work

Missing UnrealGame binary.
You may have to build the UE project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
UnrealGame

Late to the party, but you get this when the C++ project target isn’t built for your game, so it can’t find the proper executable and DLLs.