- I’ve forked UE4.13 when started my project some time in the past (used release branch of UE)
- My repo contains both engine and project code
- As time have passed I’ve changed some code in editor and added some classes to the engine (and developing project as well of course)
- Recently I’ve decided to update to 4.15.1, but got stuck.
In GithubDesktop I press Update from EpicGames/release but receive error (see image). When I press ViewChanges nothing happens and I got 0 changes in changes tab. Not sure what to do here. Probably my setup was initially wrong.
p.s. I also got SourceTree and it has a lot more functionality, so instructions for SourceTree are also ok.
Output from source tree:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch EpicGames
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull EpicGames release
* branch release -> FETCH_HEAD
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
Please move or remove them before you can merge.
don’t know what PCLaunch.rc2 is
It worked after removing this file.
I too am having this same error message regarding :Engine/Source/Runtime/Launch/Resources/Windows/PCLaunch.rc2
So is it ok to find and remove this file and then redo the pull?