Error: Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering source.

Whenever I try to load one of my projects I get the error message “Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering source.” If anybody could give me any help with this that would be great, thanks in advance.

Hi CKEQCCF -

Does this error occur on a sample project from the Launcher or one of the Template projects? Can you post a copy of your DXDIAG here?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hey sorry I didn’t respond sooner. This error happens when I try to use the template projects. I attached a copy of my DXDIAG to this answer, thanks so much.link text

Hey CKEQCCF -

We have actually tracked down this issue. It is a conflict in the drivers for the Intel Integrated Graphics Drivers. Downloading the newest version of the drivers which can be found here:

Download Intel Drivers and Software

will fix the crashing and allow you to continue.

I should note that other users have reported that Intel (or their computer/laptop manufacturer) is telling them that they do not need an update. If this is the case, please check to make sure that your driver version is below the 15.36.21.64.4222 driver number. If it is at that driver number and you are still having this issue, please let us know. If not, one user had to force install the new update by downgrading his driver to an older version and then manually installing the driver linked above.

Your DXDIAG only shows an Intel Integrated Graphics Card, if you also have an ATI or Nvidia Video Card, it is not showing up in your DXDAIG.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum