Engine Crashes upon destroying Client-Owned Skeletal Mesh

I am fiddling with a multiplayer game, and during which players can die and be revived. I have begun implementing rudimentary replication, and quickly ran into a crash during death when running two copies of the game. When the player’s skeletal mesh is destroyed (which happens upon death after a brief ‘dissolve’ effect) the game and editor crash, but only if the client pawn and not the server was the destroyed skeletal mesh. Exactly what happens during player death is as follows:

1. Player dies (in this instance, pressing K calls the death script.)
  2. Player skeletal mesh is given physical simulation for ragdoll effect
  3. Player skeletal mesh begins a brief dissolve effect
  4. Upon dissolve finishing, the skeletal mesh is destroyed.
  5. If the client pawn’s skeletal mesh was destroyed, the crash occurs!

I’ve tried a few debugging ideas, making sure there was nothing attached to my destroyed mesh, and tried google (only finding a related question that was unanswered here ) but thus far nothing has worked, so I reluctantly turn to answerhub. I apologize in advance if I’m missing something obvious.

Crash log as is follows. I can also provide any blueprint information - and indeed, the entire project - if it would help.

UE4Editor_Engine!USkeletalMeshComponent::TickPose() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\skeletalmeshcomponent.cpp:605]
UE4Editor_Engine!UCharacterMovementComponent::TickCharacterPose() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\charactermovementcomponent.cpp:6943]
UE4Editor_Engine!UCharacterMovementComponent::MoveAutonomous() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\charactermovementcomponent.cpp:6367]
UE4Editor_Engine!UCharacterMovementComponent::ServerMove_Implementation() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\charactermovementcomponent.cpp:6199]
UE4Editor_Engine!UCharacterMovementComponent::execServerMove() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\gameframework\charactermovementcomponent.h:124]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4125]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1019]
UE4Editor_Engine!FObjectReplicator::ReceivedBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datareplication.cpp:679]
UE4Editor_Engine!UActorChannel::ProcessBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1954]
UE4Editor_Engine!UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1853]
UE4Editor_Engine!UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:267]
UE4Editor_Engine!UChannel::ReceivedNextBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:606]
UE4Editor_Engine!UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:351]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1002]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:460]
UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystemUtils!UIpNetDriver::TickDispatch() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemutils\private\ipnetdriver.cpp:176]
UE4Editor_Engine!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UNetDriver,void __cdecl(float)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:772]
UE4Editor_Engine!TBaseMulticastDelegate<void,float>::Broadcast() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl_variadics.inl:1031]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1094]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1339]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2359]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

EDIT: Just realized this might be because I am destroying the mesh of a character (a class which naturally inherits a mesh) but that still doesn’t explain it’s client-only nature.

EDIT2: Tried reproducing the problem with ‘use dedicated server’ checked and two clients. Both clients can die without causing the crash, making me believe it has something to do with the listen server.