Engine Crashed and Won't open after C++ Compilation

I just made a child class of a custom actor of mine. In the parent actor it had an event that was binded to a begin overlap of a uboxcomponent.

When i tried to override that method in my child class the editor crashed down and i can’t re-open it!!!

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding your crash:

• Could you provide the logs from your project’s Saved->Logs folder?
  • Could you please provide your Machine ID from the Crash Reporter window and ensure that you send the report?
  • Could you provide the full code that you were using that caused the crash to occur?

Please give me an email to send that out.

You can send me a PM on the forums with the requested information: https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?160394-Sean-Flint

How do i attach files on the private message?

You can zip up the necessary files and upload them to Dropbox. Then you can provide the download link and I can grab them from Dropbox.

Okay message sent. Please can you help me to at least open the editor again?

Thank you for providing the code files. However, I was unfortunately not able to detect any immediate issues just by looking at the code. Could you please upload the entire project to Dropbox and provide another link in a PM please? I’d like to take a closer look at the project as a whole.

Maybe if you try to run you can replicate the error. The project is pretty big so will take a while to put it on drop box i can upload it tomorrow if needed
Actually ir crashed when compiled

That’s fine if it takes some time to upload. Just go ahead and PM me the link on the forums whenever you have it uploaded. Thank you.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day

I sent you the project today

Thank you for the update, I’ll take a look at it as soon as possible and report back when I have additional information.