East Coast Dev Tour: 11/12 and Boston 11/14 - UPDATED

Hey everyone!

This November, Epic will be doing an East Coast Dev Tour, making stops in both ** **and Boston! Similar to our West Coast Dev Tour this past summer, attendees can expect a number of valuable talks from the team on all types of topics. This time, we’re casting the net out to prospective event-goers to find out what you want to learn, see, or hear about in our talks. We’re *really *excited to come hang out with you guys and talk all things Unreal.

High-level topics include Blueprints, Gameplay C++, Editor, Engine, Materials, and VR/Mobile. The schedule is being finalized now, however, attendees can expect around 40 talks available throughout the day.

Speakers

• Alan Willard - Sr. Technical Artist
  • Hosfelt - Sr. Animator
  • Joe Graf - Sr. Programmer
  • Max Preussner- Sr. Programmer
  • Niklas Smedberg - Sr. Programmer
  • Zak Parrish - Technical Artist
  • Wes Bunn - Technical Writer
  • Chance Ivey - Community Manager

RSVP if you have not at the following links!
Wednesday Nov. 12th at the Convention Centre
Boston**
Friday Nov. 14th at the W Boston

Drop any related questions below!

Chance

Any chance you will do one of these in Raleigh? I am close and would love to attend one of these.

Should come to Detroit :cool:

Wish I could make it so bad, but kids are in school so I can’t really leave the state right now. I hope to make one day though, looking forward to hearing about it though :slight_smile:

Just reserved my ticket for event, never though you’ll do it that close to where I live. Can’t wait to see what you’ll speak and show at the event :slight_smile:

I just have one quastions is it beeing video taped? :open_mouth:

What about Toronto?

Indeed! Big dev community !

Boston and are a logic choice for a first east dev tour if you look at the number of people working in the industry. By keeping the same logic New York, Chicago and Toronto should be the next ones

RSVP link for Boston is broken.

3rd request for Toronto!

• Dave

Should be good now. Event went back to draft for some reason :slight_smile: Sorry bout that!

Thanks, Chance!

Would love to see Toronto as well, is a bit too far for me.

Yes. Another request for TORONTO, please.

Developers in Toronto, I’m considering starting a bi-monthly meetup for those of us working with UE4. What level of interest would there be?

Get in touch with me via these forums or via twitter, very interested in making something happen.

I’d like to hear about how to run scripted events in the editor, how to use the listener, and blutilities - what can be done with them right now and what’s planned for the future.

Info on C++ marketplace content maybe?

**UPDATE: Topics and Speakers
High-level topics include Blueprints, Gameplay C++, Editor, Engine, Materials, and VR/Mobile. The schedule is being finalized now, however, attendees can expect around 40 talks available throughout the day.

Speakers

• Alan Willard - Sr. Technical Artist
  • Hosfelt - Sr. Animator
  • Joe Graf - Sr. Programmer
  • Max Preussner- Sr. Programmer
  • Niklas Smedberg - Sr. Programmer
  • Zak Parrish - Technical Artist
  • Wes Bunn - Technical Writer
  • Chance Ivey - Community Manager

**RSVP **if you have not at the above links!

Epic is coming to ! :cool:

Reserved. I’ll definitely be going.

Are any other devs on the forum coming to the dev tour?

Please put those sessions online later on!

I got my registration first day. But isn’t this part of MIGS ? It’s a convention with a VHEF (Very High Entrance Fee). So do I need to shell out extra $$$ to MIGS just to participate in the Unreal tour ?