dylibs on Mac/Voice Chat

I am new to Unreal Engine 4, so I apologize in advance is the answer is obvious! I’ve programmed a lot using Unity and I am still trying to figure out how the voice chat would implement here in the Unreal Engine. I have seen some answers about voice chat, but have not been able to get it to work. I am trying to make a demo of a functionality that changes the pitch of the voice stream as well as uses the volume to trigger events. For instance, if a team member in a coop online session is speaking over the chat softly with enemies nearby, the enemies ignore. If your team member gets too loud, craziness happens. I’m trying to make a proof of concept of this one functionality. Looking at the documentation I believe the workflow between two users over a private network would be something like:

A. User 1’s program does IVoiceCapture.
B. After capture the pitch is modulated.
C. User 1 voice stream is encoded using IVoiceEncoder and sent over OnlineSubsystemNull (I’d prefer not to do the sign up with Steam for a proof of concept to use the OnlineSubsystemSteam)
D. User 2 receives the voice stream over a private network then uses IVoiceDecoder. The volume of the of the stream is assessed and used as an event trigger.

I have seen question threads such as this: How can I make in game voice communication? - Audio - Epic Developer Community Forums

But it seems old considering “UVoiceChannel::ReceivedBunch(FInBunch& Bunch)” doesn’t need to be added as it is that way in the source code out of box. My questions are:

1. Do I need to implement my own audio codec like Opus to give myself the above functionality?
  2. If I do need something like opus to get access to the voice packets to edit and I am programming on a mac with the dylib for the opus codec built, where do I place it to be able to leverage it’s API in xcode? I’ve placed it in different plugin folders, but I can’t get it to work. The custom library tutorials I find are PC based, so dylib help isn’t mentioned.

Thanks in advance for someone taking the time to look at this likely confusing chunk of gross. I joined UE4 about two weeks ago and everything is great, especially the blueprints! It saves me from doing the 6k lines of code I would need to do in Unity to power a game.

I’m interested in this topic too. Did you manage to achieve this?