Dope matchmaking concept(Just an opinion)

I’m making a third-person shooter, not sure will it be a horde style game or will it be run of the mill twitch based shooter like Uncharted or Gears of War. Well on to the main subject it would be nice to have a counter in the matchmaking lobby to show how many matches you’ve played with another player. Using me as an example, while playing Paragon I run into people that I’ve played with based off of screenshots, then it got me thinking how many players have I run into on multiple occasions and didn’t notice. So, I thought it would be cool to implement it in a game I was developing. I’m a beginner when it comes to C++ and I don’t think it can be done in blueprint, but if anyone knows where to start I’d appreciate it.

Hi areccus. Its a nifty Idea: A Counter in the matchmaking lobby to show how many matches you’ve played with another player. One could achieve it with Blueprints. I’m personally using Exi’s BP Lobby with some modifications. For centralized database storage, I would use the VaRest plugin for HTTP communications with Web hosted database, serializing that Player data in a JSON string.

Thank you for your comment, it’s good to know i can do it through blueprints, because that and C# are all I know.