Does this spec list have the ability to build a Triple A Title....

Hey guys I was just wondering if my future machine would be worthy of making something amazing… im currently working on my script and saving up to buy all the pieces at once… I just wanted a critique on my choice of parts and possibly some changes if you guys feel like I need to make some.

Well here is the list
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BobsWorld93/saved/Gz7THx

I’d go for 32GB of ram with those specs.

Ironically Triple A titles often require less resources because they are built for consoles whereas indie games often think of optimization at the end of development if they are built for PC.
However it is a good idea with more RAM for light baking etc.

i recommend you to pick new i7 8 core (± 500$) instead of ryzen. 32 gb ram is worth, i got few months ago 32 gb and my first thougts were i wasted money but now when im working in substance painter with 4k texture, my ram is on 40-45% load, so imagine if you have also opened some modelling program and large ue project…

Depends on how much you have to spend.
The Ryzen series is much faster then the i7 series, and, a lot cheaper. If you can get the 1800XT, do it.
Your RAM shouldn’t be that fast, its not supported by Ryzen boards. Go with 2400 and hit 64GB
That board is terrible for Ryzen, the ASRock Taichi is the best performing Ryzen board on the market and half the price.
Your over paying a LOT for that monitor. I got 3x 24 inches for $110 each. Check newegg for some nice deals.

A major issue here with that case:

• The Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 395mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card is 298mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

There are 2 types of hardware people … ones that think the highest price means the best item …
and those that research for a few months and build something amazing.
Dont take my word for it … this is my PC:

Ryzen under performs in UE4 Unreal Engine 4.16 CPU Comparison: Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X, Broadwell-E, Skylake, Ryzen 7

Oh god dont spend more on the motherboard than the cpu haha

One thing to note - is that even a big machine like that might have some trouble building static lighting on large levels. We use distributed rendering to bake our lighting across multiple machines. If you are using dynamic lighting this won’t be an issue.

As stated in that post you linked, we see 100% different results from “real people testing stuff” then what some random guy tests and finds results.
In the UE3 forums, i proved this entire article 100% incorrect. This was also tested in UE4 later on. Same results, my AMD system smashed the i7 setups.
I mean, if you want, we can run some benches, my system vs. yours… post results and show real results of UE4 in use.