Download

Does Anyone Here Have Examples of Object Pop?

I need some examples from recent (within the last 7 years or so, can be older) of games with very obvious object pop? [Objects just ‘appearing’ due to bad design or programming choices?] Can be on consoles, PC, whatever?

Assassin’s Creed Unity

Far Cry 3 -> when you fly with the wingsuit :slight_smile:

I remember the original Mass Effect on Xbox 360 having that problem and also terrible LOD popping. Still a fun game though

Minecraft (Feed the beast) , you destroy a block but he spawn again and you die choking ^^…
At start of battlefield4 , no visible mesh and destructible mesh & his terrible latency of 3/4 second, because worst netcode I’ve ever seen.
Arma 2 , Arma 3 ( i am talking about mod )

Edit: i think , i remember GTA 2 et GTA3 + extension , collision with no visible LOD when driving at high speed

I had a number of instances in Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag in which crowd NPC’s would randomly pop in and out of existence. It wasn’t often but enough to be noticeable.

As much as I adore them, Saints Row 2 and 3 had problems with civilians fading in and out of view when they really shouldn’t. Skyrim also has issues with it.

Thank you everyone for your help!