Documentation - The Gold Standard

I appreciate how Epic is trying to improve their documentation…seeking feedback and hiring additional staff. Thanks for that! In terms of the gold standard (IMO) of documentation its QT. Just amazing. Take a look at this class documentation: QColor Class | Qt GUI 5.15.11

If Epic could model after QT, game over!

teak

Amazon Lumberyard have API docs better than Crytek’s docs. Not to mention Unreal’s…

Yes, writing docs is hard and for someone like myself who doesn’t have patience (although I do have to create docs for work!) its no fun… no fun as: I would rather be dipped head first in a vat of hot chicken fat than to create documentation…

teak

Then why not allow a few trusted people who have been around for sometime, enjoy helping, to edit them at the very least, seeing misspelled words and grammatical errors while hardly life altering, is incredibly annoying and distracting for serious harbors of facts which I assume most here are - and more ;())

Absolutely. Qt documentation is the best I’ve ever seen. I had not even once look into the source code, even writing UI by hand(without QtDesigner).

BTW There is difference between Qt and QT :wink: