Distortions and No alignment

Hi I’m new in RC, and I have this project  who is driving me crazy

so there’s 1500 Photos of this girl and RC only make a VERY poor alignment and gives an amorphous point cloud.

In other programs like **** there’s only the form of the head and a lot of distortion.

Why Is this happening ? How can I solve this?

Thank you very much for your help

Hi ,

1. Are you talking about the Sparce Point Cloud which is shown in the screenshot or did you reconstruct a proper model?

2. I suspect you do not own a rig with 1500 cameras.  :D  So you probably took all those images over the course of, what, 1-2 hours? That means there must have been significant movement (especially in this pose!!) and that explains the poor alignment.

Hello Götz thank you very much for your answer.

I’m talking about this Sparce Point Cloud of the screenshot, it is the max I get with RC…

Yeah as you suppose very well I don’t have 1500 cameras in the shop :)) Anyway I get fragments some times and now I have to reconstruct the model from fragments, and model the 80 % of the figure,

May be the solution is in the control points ?? In the settings??

No problem!

Control Points can be live savers in certain cases, but they can also be a huge time trap and ultimately not even lead to a useful model. Settings are also something to be reckoned with, of course!  :slight_smile:

There are many threads here with similar issues, so you might find some more clues there. Most often, it comes down to the moving person. I just linked this FAQ topic somewhere else: https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001485012-How-to-put-together-more-components-

The most furstrating but ultimately most time saving solution is to take more photos or do an entire reshoot with an improved technique - we’ve all been there…