I’ve been doing asset creation for UE4 for about 1 and half month now. And I started to realize that my workflow isn’t as efficient as it should be. My current workflow goes somewhat like this:
- Use either 3ds Max or Blender to get the mesh done, un-wrap it etc,
- Get mesh in Zbrush for sculpting and baking(with xNormal, if required),
- Get mesh in Substance Designer and do the texturing(Helps a bit in speed up the workflow)
- Expose the required parameters and Publish the .sbsar, export it to UE4.
- I sometimes use 3d Coat, for UV mapping complex meshes.
Most time consuming thing is modelling and UV mapping. I’m Kinda fed up with both blender and max, but I still use them as I don’t see another nice option. So, my questions are:
- Is this the right workflow? If not then what is?
- What should I change in my workflow, to get things done faster and more efficient?
- I’m Looking for new and FASTER Modelling workflow/application. Tried C4D - Same as max/blender, also Tried Modo(well praised for its modelling tools) for sometime - Even slower than blender and needs just too many clicks to get basic things done. I just want a app with super fast modelling workflow, any suggestions??
- Which software you use for 3d modelling and UV mapping?
- Which software should I use to increase speed in my workflow?
- Any suggestion related to the topic ?