Desktop for UE4/architecture visualization and after effects video

Hi forum!

Could you share your input on this build?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($223.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: *G.Skill Aegis 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: two of these SSD drives: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/KTCrxr/a-data-internal
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card ($419.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1594.32

Budget cannot go higher than that :frowning:

Also need windows 10, so already hitting the financial cealing.

Hope someone can give feedback!

Is it wise with the cores and the 1070 for the editor itself? I make 4k/6k video in highly detailed environments, lots of foilage and lights moving constantly.

My current i7, 16gb ram and 860m (laptop) can render it as video (barely in 4k) but I cannot run the environments live.

Very solid build. Going to be muuuuuuuch faster than your laptop that’s for sure hehe!
If I had to build a pc today I would probably pick the same parts as you or very close.

hehe, yeah that is what I thought. I think im gonna go for the build then.

I also noticed you can use swarm in UE4. So perhaps I can let the old laptop, which has a fine 4 core CPU anyway, render some stuff while I keep working on the new station :wink: and opposite! Not sure how this works. I will make a post about it: how to connect 2 computers for development. I really have no idea. Do you know Heartlessphil?

5820k + 32GB DDR4 + SSD is the best value around for this kind of work at the moment imo, it’s what I’m using :slight_smile: