Deleted Actors hanging around in World Outliner

Hi all,

New to this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong place - mods, feel free to move if necessary :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: I previously posted on Reddit to see if i could get an answer to this to no avail, and google doesn’t seem to be bringing up any recent info.

Basically whenever an actor is removed using the DestroyActor function, it stays in the World Outliner as “Deleted Actor”. Does anyone know if this is going to impact performance after 1000s of actors have been destroyed (projectiles etc)? Is this now a feature or a bug? I know back in 4.7 they were trying to fix it, so i assume the latter, but i just want to know if having Unreal keep track of these deleted actors is going to eventually slow down my game after a few hours of play.

If anyone has experienced it, how did you fix it?

Many thanks in advance for your replies!

I have not experienced this issue. Could this be related to a projectile type of actor that’s leaving behind a sound or particle emitter?

While I don’t know the specifics, I would say that “Deleted Actor” indicates an actor that is marked as “Deleted” but not actually deleted by the garbage collector. Try tracking it for a while, it should disappear once the next GC collection happened.