Delay before rocket explodes?

So, I’m currently trying to make a rocket launcher, and I decided to use raycasting to get the splash damage to work. For whatever reason though, the rocket just bounces off of enemies. The weird thing is, it still explodes properly, and in the location I launched it too. It’s saving the location where it hit, but it’s not responding right away. Not until it bounces on the floor a few times. It doesn’t even draw the debug lines. What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong?

You’re using Begin Overlap but say the rocket is bouncing and only then explodes. If I were to guess, I’d say the collision is set to block rather than overlap. The event probably never triggers and the actor gets destroyed either by its Life Span expiring or after X bounces - whatever comes first.

Consider using Event Hit instead if you want it to explode on impact or set the collision to overlapping if you prefer detecting it with an overlap event.

Any reason why you’re not using this:

Does “Apply Radial Damage” not work? It already integrates with the “actor damage” system.
The reason you don’t explode on hit is probably that your component is set to generate “hit” events, which means it won’t “overlap.” These are different kinds of collisions.