custom trigger volume ?

Hi guys i have a problem in which i want to use a elongated cone shape as a field of vision for my enemy … i have trigger boxes that provide an area to hide in case the enemy looks in your direction but the only way i know how to detect the character player is using trigger volumes … however there is no cone shaped trigger volumes to give my enemy peripheral vision … can i create a custom trigger volume ? or is there a way of using a static mesh to detect the collisions ?

Try using a PawnSensing component. It has events for sight and sound. It might be what you’re looking for.

Hi great thats exactly what i was looking for i have it set up but cannot find how to change the distance of the vision any ideas ??

no problem found it thank you :slight_smile:

No problem! :smiley:

hi rabbidworm im probably doing something stupid wrong but i cant seem to get the enemy to detect my player

Ok so i created a new actor blueprint added a scene component /then a pawn_sensing component set up the vision cone so that i can walk my player through it and done
the following

i thought that this would work any idea what i am doing wrong ?

After re-creating your blueprint setup (I did it slightly differently, using an = node instead of a cast node, though what you have is fine), I had the same issue.

I ended up fixing this by making the radius/distance for all of the settings relatively low. It’s also worth mentioning that, apparently, the OnSeePawn constantly updates - so whatever it’s executing, it will execute more than once depending on whether or not it’s still able to see the player. If you want it to be a one-time thing, you can use a Do Once node as I did before. Otherwise, you should be fine with what you have now.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

EDIT: Might be worth mentioning I’m using a character blueprint. I’m not sure if you’re using a regular actor blueprint or not, and I’m not sure if that makes any difference. If this still doesn’t work though and you are using an actor blueprint, try making it a character blueprint instead.

Hi i finaly got it working and it was because i was using an actor blueprint and i apparently were supposed to use a pawn blueprint …(for the detector) everything is now working thanks a lot rabidworm i now have new question lol will post new question in seperate thread is it is not related