Crashing on opening map

Hello,

I have been working really hard on my map, nice dessert with some teleport options etc.
Now I wanted to add a weapon mesh to my character, after i done that ue4 crashed and I can’t open my map anymore…

Please help me, I am desperate i put a lot of work in my map!

Best regards,

(oh here’s the report):

MachineId:6B52900F407583DE70134BBA46C5A4EB
EpicAccountId:31b30574a2184604844d3ef1a9cdf101

Unknown exception - code 00000001
(first/second not available)

Assertion failed:
!HasAnyFlags(RF_NeedLoad|RF_NeedPostLoad)
[File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectLinker.cpp]
[Line: 96] Detaching from existing
linker for C://Users//Eve

KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize()

• 292 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
    UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA()
  • 248 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:144]
    UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed()
  • 1079 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:224]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::SetLinker()
  • 520 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectlinker.cpp:96]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ULinkerLoad::CreateExport()
  • 3984 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3420]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ULinkerLoad::CreateExportAndPreload()
  • 27 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2520]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ULinkerLoad::LoadAllObjects()
  • 603 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2628]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal()
  • 2025 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:894]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Map_Load()
  • 5034 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:2245]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::HandleMapCommand()
  • 349 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5680]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Exec()
  • 797 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5180]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Exec()
  • 273 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedsrv.cpp:742]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadMap()
  • 789 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:1910]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadDefaultMapAtStartup()
  • 216 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:3070]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::OnInit()
  • 2263 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:299]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() + 3254
    bytes
    [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:86]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 926 bytes
    [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26
    bytes
    [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes
    [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
    UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329
    bytes
    [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

Hey ,

Which version of the engine are you working within? 4.7.6 or 4.8.0 Preview 4?

I have a few questions for you:

• Have you imported this new weapon into a blank project to see if you run into the same crash or not?
  • Could you delete the saved, intermediate and config folders from your project? And then try to open the project again?
  • Do you have a backup of your project from before you imported that new weapon in?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Hello ,

I am currently using 4.7.6,

It is not the weapon, in other projects its good so far.
I have no backup, so is it safe to delete those files?

Best regards,

Hey ,

I would suggest creating a copy of your project, removing the content that’s related to your new weapons you added into your project, and then seeing if your map will open again.

I would also try creating a copy of your project and converting that copy to 4.8.0 Preview 4 and seeing whether or not it’ll open with or without the weapon.

Let me know what you try to do, and what the outcome is, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey,

I’ve created a copy, how exactly am i going to delete the content? I have deleted everything about the weapons
in the directory of my game, still crashes…

It crashes at 93% even if i convert to 4.8…

Thanks!

Hey,

Would you please package the full project for me, including the weapon and submit it to me as a link in a private message on the forums? I would love to look into this further for you.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hey,

I would love to, but my internet is to slow for that, 2.5 GB on an upload speed of 0.12, will take me a week…
I’ll create my map again, this time with backups…

Thanks for every tip you gave me!

Best regards,

Hey ,

I understand your constraints with your internet. Make sure you always make back ups of your files because just one simple thing could make your project throw out errors. Typically it’s resolved by removing that asset. I’m sad to hear that it didn’t work for you this time around.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thank you. :slight_smile: