Download

Crashing in high resolution render

Hello everyone!
I’m having an issue with high resolution render in UE 4.26.1 (and also previous versions and 4.26.2).
I’m trying to render some shot of a scene in 8k resolution, but Unreal keeps crashing and shows me the error in the picture I attached.

What I understand of this is that I bumped some size limit that the engine has. Is this something that can be configured to be higher or do I need to find what texture in my scene is going this high when rendering above 4k and preventing it from happening?
Or am I completed mistaken and this has to do with hardware issues? Although, I don’t think it’s hardware 'cause I can render 8k pictures from other parts of this scene.
My hardware is a Ryzen 7 3800x, 32 GB of RAM, RTX 3090 Asus TUF and 1200 W of PSU. I have set in my register TdrLevel 0, TdrDelay 3c (60) and TdrDdiDelay 3c (60).

Thank you for the help!

the texture going over 16384 (16386 in X), might be a hard limit. one of your textures isnt power of 2. Virtual textureing can get around the size limits, but i would try to find the texture first and make it square, just to elliminate it as a problem source.

Edit: just looking at the patch notes for 4.26.2: “UE-106490 [CrashReport] Assertion failed: SizeX <= GetMax2DTextureDimension() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Texture.cpp] [Line: 714]”

Might have something to do with it, have you updated?

I’m using Unreal 4.26.2 now, but was having similar issues before. Do you think I should roll back to 4.26.1?

I also tried to use directx 12 and ray tracing now, and now Unreal crashes with this error:

Ooh, and I’m using the Studio Drivers instead of the Gamer Ready.