Crash on loading the map

I have worked on a level all day however upon reopening it it crashes everytime with this error

MachineId:F7D975922D4AAB8C984673B35997C768
EpicAccountId:fc21edde7a084948aa43f1abdb33ffac

SEGV_MAPERR at 0xd8

ACameraActor::PostLoadSubobjects(FObjectInstancingGraph*) Address = 0x1143c7e88 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Engine.dylib]
UObject::ConditionalPostLoad() Address = 0x10fc230e5 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
EndLoad() Address = 0x10fd50714 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
LoadPackageInternal(UPackage*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, FLinkerLoad*, TSet, FDefaultSetAllocator>&, IAssetRegistryInterface*) Address = 0x10fd4de50 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
LoadPackageInternal(UPackage*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, FLinkerLoad*) Address = 0x10fd52d19 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
ResolveName(UObject*&, FString&, bool, bool, unsigned int) Address = 0x10fd45331 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
StaticLoadObjectInternal(UClass*, UObject*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, UPackageMap*, bool) Address = 0x10fd49881 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
StaticLoadObject(UClass*, UObject*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int, UPackageMap*, bool) Address = 0x10fd438a1 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
FAssetData::GetAsset() const Address = 0x124735dd8 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
SContentBrowser::OnAssetsActivated(TArray const&, EAssetTypeActivationMethod::Type) Address = 0x1248c3774 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance (TArray const&, EAssetTypeActivationMethod::Type)>::Execute(TArray const&, EAssetTypeActivationMethod::Type) const Address = 0x1249ee4a0 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance const&, EAssetTypeActivationMethod::Type)>::ExecuteIfSafe(TArray const&, EAssetTypeActivationMethod::Type) const Address = 0x1249ee54b (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
SAssetView::OnListMouseButtonDoubleClick(TSharedPtr) Address = 0x1248669c1 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
ZN21TMemberFunctionCallerI10SAssetViewMS0_Fv10TSharedPtrI14FAssetViewItemL7ESPMode0EEEEclIJRS4_EEEDTclpmdtdefpT3ObjdtdefpT9MemFunPtrspcl7ForwardIT_Efp_EEEDpOSA Address = 0x124996153 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance (TSharedPtr)>::Execute(TSharedPtr) const Address = 0x124995f72 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance)>::ExecuteIfSafe(TSharedPtr) const Address = 0x12499603a (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
SListView >::Private_OnItemDoubleClicked(TSharedPtr) Address = 0x12475ab81 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
STableRow >::OnMouseButtonDoubleClick(FGeometry const&, FPointerEvent const&) Address = 0x12480eb91 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
non-virtual thunk to STableRow >::OnMouseButtonDoubleClick(FGeometry const&, FPointerEvent const&) Address = 0x124814a42 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-ContentBrowser.dylib]
FSlateApplication::RoutePointerDoubleClickEvent(FWidgetPath&, FPointerEvent&) Address = 0x110678255 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Slate.dylib]
FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonDoubleClickEvent(TSharedPtr const&, FPointerEvent&) Address = 0x110677725 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Slate.dylib]
FSlateApplication::OnMouseDoubleClick(TSharedPtr const&, EMouseButtons::Type, FVector2D) Address = 0x110677023 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Slate.dylib]
FMacApplication::ProcessMouseDownEvent(FDeferredMacEvent const&, TSharedPtr) Address = 0x10f0a295d (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
FMacApplication::ProcessEvent(FDeferredMacEvent const&) Address = 0x10f09ba55 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
FMacApplication::ProcessDeferredEvents(float) Address = 0x10f09b72f (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
FSlateApplication::TickPlatform(float) Address = 0x110641565 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Slate.dylib]
FSlateApplication::Tick() Address = 0x110640b38 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Slate.dylib]
FEngineLoop::Tick() Address = 0x10ee553a5 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor]
GuardedMain(wchar_t const*) Address = 0x10ee5c4ff (filename not found) [in UE4Editor]
-[UE4AppDelegate runGameThread:] Address = 0x10ee6cedc (filename not found) [in UE4Editor]
-[FCocoaGameThread main] Address = 0x10f094776 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x7fffa727530d (filename not found) [in Foundation]
_pthread_body Address = 0x7fffbaabdabb (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
_pthread_body Address = 0x7fffbaabda07 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
thread_start Address = 0x7fffbaabd231 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]

What can be done? I am on a Mac

Thanks guys!

Hey Playrok,

There are a couple of things you can do:

• Try upgrading the project to a later version of the engine to see if you experience the same crash
  • Check your Saved->Backups folder in your project directory to see if it contains an older version of the .umap, and then migrate that into your Content directory in your project (make a copy of the current .umap and store it somewhere else just in case)
  • Remove the map from the project’s Content directory and place it somewhere else, say, on the desktop. Then see if you can open the project to see if it is specifically something related to the map you’re working in.

Hi Sean, thanks for your reply.
I had to restore a backup of the project from about 2 hours before that and it seems like it is fine now. Not sure what happened to be honest as I have recreated all of the things (wwise sounds) that i have placed before and it seems to have no issues.
I did however make a copy and upgrade the project to the latest version however Unreal suggested that the latest version of Wwise plugin is not supported so could not use the latest Unreal Engine with it.

Hi Sean, thanks for your reply.
I had to restore a backup of the project from about 2 hours before that and it seems like it is fine now. Not sure what happened to be honest as I have recreated all of the things (wwise sounds) that i have placed before and it seems to have no issues.
I did however make a copy and upgrade the project to the latest version however Unreal suggested that the latest version of Wwise plugin is not supported so could not use the latest Unreal Engine with it.