[crash] 4.7.1 Converted project no longer opens

I realized a few people posted this issue. I tried removing and replacing blueprint it doesn’t work. However removing blueprint does make it work but this means a huge list of other blueprint is broken.

I believe it has everything to do with these lines .

[2015.03.04-09.32.38:671][  0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Object 'ReceiveBeginPlay' isn't imported, because its outer is a placeholder. Archive: '../../../../../../Users/JNJ/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProjectCombine/Content/PC_Blueprints/Characters/BP_InfantryPawn.uasset'
[2015.03.04-09.32.38:671][  0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Object 'UserConstructionScript' isn't imported, because its outer is a placeholder. Archive: '../../../../../../Users/JNJ/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProjectCombine/Content/PC_Blueprints/Characters/BP_InfantryPawn.uasset'
[2015.03.04-09.32.38:672][  0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Object 'UserConstructionScript' isn't imported, because its outer is a placeholder. Archive: '../../../../../../Users/JNJ/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProjectCombine/Content/PC_Blueprints/Characters/BP_InfantryPawn.uasset'
[2015.03.04-09.32.38:673][  0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Object 'ReceiveBeginPlay' isn't imported, because its outer is a placeholder. Archive: '../../../../../../Users/JNJ/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProjectCombine/Content/PC_Blueprints/Characters/BP_InfantryPawn.uasset'
[2015.03.04-09.32.38:674][  0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[2015.03.04-09.32.41:013][  0]LogWindows: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: Template [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp] [Line: 3374] 



KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x000007fefccd940d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

in any way i’ll attach logs/dumps. Would appreciate a solution soon , this is eating up a lot of our time.
FYI, I reverted to 4.6 and disconnected BeginPlay and Construction node. and still the same thing happened.

link text

I strongly believe this has to do with the transient reference voodoo that I have posted on AnswerHub before.
Nobody could explain why some of the blueprint has reference to transient object. And these objects will refused to be “consolidated” or deleted up to now.

UPDATE :
I can only get the editor open if i delete them and copy them in during runtime ( allowing content browser to refresh and detect the new objects ) . Upon restarting the editor same thing happened.

I’ve attempted to delete functions and variables and the same thing remains.

I deleted every single function and variable and it still happened. But duplicating the blueprint does nothing. The duplicated blueprint runs perfectly fine.

In fact creating an empty blueprint with the name crashes.it on startup. Something really nasty must be referencing it and crash the moment it load on startup.

I deleted every single function and variable and it still happened. But duplicating the blueprint does nothing. The duplicated blueprint runs perfectly fine.

In fact creating an empty blueprint with the name crashes.it on startup. Something really nasty must be referencing it and crash the moment it load on startup.

No i do not have any step to reproduce because I have no idea what’s causing it.

Hi ,

What is the blueprint in question doing? Do you have steps I can take to reproduce this on my end?

can you post your callstack here after a crash?

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this crash, please comment with the requested information. Thank you!

I’m just going to post here if someone sees this thread and wonder what’s the solution.

FYI, I have deleted the related classes because I cannot figure out what was wrong. The callstack I initially posted was the callstack after the crash.

This is definitely related to the other post i make about ‘blueprint reference bugged out’.

In other words the only solutions seems to be deleting the classes and re-referencing everything since the consolidate ( replace reference ) tool will not work.