Copying and pasting Add Static Mesh Component loses static mesh setting

I try to refactor code and settings get lost when copying and pasting. This is a pain.

-steve

Hi sgehrman,

I haven’t been able to reproduce this in 4.8.3. To test, I created a new Add Static Mesh Component inside a new Actor Blueprint. I set a Static Mesh, compiled and saved the BP, then copied and pasted the node elsewhere in the graph. The new node retained the Static Mesh set in the original node.

Are you using different steps? Can you walk me through the process you used to recreate this? Does this happen in a new project as well, or only in your current project?

Thanks!

I copied it from a construction script to a function. Maybe that’s it? The editor is barely usable. I’m getting constant disconnected nodes, file corruption and other weird errors.

I didn’t have any trouble copying from the Construction Script to the Event Graph, still didn’t have any information lost. I even tried cross-blueprint copying/pasting, but that didn’t cause a problem either.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior in a new project, or does it only happen in your current project? Does it happen in more than one Blueprint, or only a particular BP?

Hi sgehrman,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while, so I’m resolving this post for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to respond with the information requested above. Thanks!