Copy/Pasting DestructibleActor causes Editor Crash

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a blueprint with a parent class of DestructibleActor. (don’t change or edit any values in the new blueprint)
  2. Place a regular DestructibleActor in a level and choose its mesh as you would normally.
  3. Highlight your newly created blueprint in the content browser and select your DestructibleActor in the level.
  4. Right click the DestructibleActor and choose to replace it with the new blueprint.
  5. Everything works as expected up to this point, but if you now alt + drag or copy/paste, the editor will crash due to a null FSkeletalMeshResource but a valid SkeletalMesh.

I am currently on Win7 64bit, 4.8.2.

Hi Gundy -

Thank you for your report. We have assigned this issue to a member of our support staff, and they will begin investigation as soon as possible. If we are unable to reproduce the issue, or we need additional information, our staff member will comment here with additional questions. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once we have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide:

Thank you -

Eric Ketchum

Hi Gundy,

Thank you for taking the time to report the crash and especially for including exact repro steps! This is always greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

With your steps I was able to reproduce this exactly in 4.8.2, but when testing on our latest internal build of 4.9 this appears to have been resolved. I can no longer re-create the crash, so you can look for this to be resolved in a future major release (ie. 4.9).

Thank you, again!

Tim

Alright, thanks for the response