Download

Converting project to 4.7 [Substance Plugin]

Hi,
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but here goes…

Hi, I’m trying to open a project created in 4.5 in 4.7.3 and the conversion process keeps crashing. I’ve followed the instructions here (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/99560/cant-convert-a-43-project-to-44.html) for manually converting a project from one version of the engine to another, but when I do I get the following errors:

Warning 1 warning C4996: FPostConstructInitializeProperties is deprecated and was renamed to FObjectInitializer. Please use that type instead. D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Classes\SubstanceFactory.h 15 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Warning 2 warning C4996: FPostConstructInitializeProperties is deprecated and was renamed to FObjectInitializer. Please use that type instead. D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Classes\SubstanceFactory.h 15 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Warning 3 warning C4996: FPostConstructInitializeProperties is deprecated and was renamed to FObjectInitializer. Please use that type instead. D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Classes\SubstanceImageInputFactory.h 26 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Warning 4 warning C4996: FPostConstructInitializeProperties is deprecated and was renamed to FObjectInitializer. Please use that type instead. D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Classes\SubstanceImageInputFactory.h 26 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 5 error C4099: ‘FGuid’ : type name first seen using ‘struct’ now seen using ‘class’ d:\mywork\my documents\unreal projects\democh01jungle01\plugins\substance\source\substancecore\public\SubstanceFOutput.h 59 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 6 error C4099: ‘FGuid’ : type name first seen using ‘struct’ now seen using ‘class’ d:\mywork\my documents\unreal projects\democh01jungle01\plugins\substance\source\substancecore\public\SubstanceFOutput.h 59 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 7 error C4099: ‘FGuid’ : type name first seen using ‘struct’ now seen using ‘class’ D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Public\SubstanceFPackage.h 37 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 8 error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Settings.h’: No such file or directory D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Public\SubstanceCoreModule.h 10 1 DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 9 error : Failed to produce item: D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Plugins\Substance\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.pdb D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR DemoCh01Jungle01

Error 10 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.7\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” DemoCh01Jungle01Editor Win64 Development “D:\MyWork\My Documents\Unreal Projects\DemoCh01Jungle01\DemoCh01Jungle01.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 DemoCh01Jungle01

Can anyone suggest reasons for these and/or how to resolve them?

Thanks in advance, teed

Hi teed,

The issue is that the Substance Plugin is not directly transferrable. Those errors like FGuid and Settings.h are because they were removed or altered in later versions. We always provide up to date plugins available here:

The steps to fix your project will be to:

1. Delete the Plugins/Substance folder from your Unreal Project
  2. Download the 4.7 Plugin zip from our website
  3. Unzip it into your Unreal Project folder
  4. Enjoy!

If you run into issues let me know

Hi Josh,
Thanks for that!
All sorted!!