Convert C++ project to template.

Hi guys, I’ve tried to follow the steps to convert a project to template shown on Converting a Project to a Template | Unreal Engine Documentation

I’ve tried with both 4.18 and 4.19 and I can’t get it running.

The template shows up in the new project menu. The generated project will compile. However, when I try to run the project, I get the following error:
“[ProjectName] could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually”

I suspect maybe one of the config files is set up incorrectly.

DefaultGame:

[/Script/EngineSettings.GeneralProjectSettings]
ProjectID=FC7BC1874EA15EC2D753D489C082B13E
ProjectName=SimGameTemplate

TemplateDefs:

[/Script/GameProjectGeneration.TemplateProjectDefs]
SharedContentPacks=(MountName=“FirstPerson”,DetailLevels=(“Standard”))
SharedContentPacks=(MountName=“Geometry”,DetailLevels=(“Standard”,“High”))
LocalizedDisplayNames=(Language=“en”,Text=“SimGameTemplate”)
LocalizedDescriptions=(Language=“en”,Text=“A project to start a new sim/god game.”)

Realised where I was going wrong. I was copying the TemplateDefs file from the FP_FirstPerson. I instead copied the one from TP_FirstPerson and all is good.

TemplateDefs:

[/Script/GameProjectGeneration.TemplateProjectDefs]
LocalizedDisplayNames=(Language=“en”,Text=“Sim Game”)
LocalizedDescriptions=(Language=“en”,Text=“A template project to create sim game.”)

ClassTypes=Character, GameMode, HUD, Actor
AssetTypes=Animation Sequence, Animation Montage, Sound Wave, Skeletal Mesh, Animation Blueprint, Skeleton, Static Mesh, Texture.

FoldersToIgnore=Binaries
FoldersToIgnore=Build
FoldersToIgnore=Intermediate
FoldersToIgnore=Saved
FoldersToIgnore=Media

FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.uproject"
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.png"
FilesToIgnore=“Config/TemplateDefs.ini”
FilesToIgnore=“Config/config.ini”
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.opensdf"
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.sdf"
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.v11.suo"
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.v12.suo"
FilesToIgnore="%TEMPLATENAME%.sln"
FilesToIgnore=“Manifest.json”
FilesToIgnore=“contents.txt”

FolderRenames=(From=“Source/%TEMPLATENAME%”,To=“Source/%PROJECTNAME%”)
FolderRenames=(From=“Source/%TEMPLATENAME%Editor”,To=“Source/%PROJECTNAME%Editor”)

FilenameReplacements=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME_UPPERCASE%",To="%PROJECTNAME_UPPERCASE%",bCaseSensitive=true)
FilenameReplacements=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME_LOWERCASE%",To="%PROJECTNAME_LOWERCASE%",bCaseSensitive=true)
FilenameReplacements=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME%",To="%PROJECTNAME%",bCaseSensitive=false)

ReplacementsInFiles=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME_UPPERCASE%",To="%PROJECTNAME_UPPERCASE%",bCaseSensitive=true)
ReplacementsInFiles=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME_LOWERCASE%",To="%PROJECTNAME_LOWERCASE%",bCaseSensitive=true)
ReplacementsInFiles=(Extensions=(“cpp”,“h”,“ini”,“cs”),From="%TEMPLATENAME%",To="%PROJECTNAME%",bCaseSensitive=false)
SharedContentPacks=(MountName=“FirstPerson”,DetailLevels=(“Standard”))
SharedContentPacks=(MountName=“Geometry”,DetailLevels=(“Standard”,“High”))