Continuously crashes in data smith

Hello,
when I use date smith to re-import I face some problems always it crashes.Although I deleted my material files in data smith folder,it doesn’t fix.What I realize is that there is a problem with the mesh in object_741 so I deleted it but it shifted to another object.
Would you please help me with this?
Thanks,

LoginId:4fdc32ee498b9f27a0f6cea6b21442b2
EpicAccountId:de4e1664668540249ffa8eaa7e48529e

Assertion failed: RenderData->IsInitialized() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/StaticMeshRender.cpp] [Line: 146] Uninitialized Renderdata for Mesh: Object_741, Mesh NeedsLoad: 0, Mesh NeedsPostLoad: 0, Mesh Loaded: 1, Mesh NeedInit: 0, Mesh IsDefault: 0

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_DatasmithImporter
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Hey paydarbam,

What engine version are you using and what file type are you trying to reimport ?

Cheers

i had the same error today with 5.2. i circumvented the problem by adding a delay after the node “import scene”, i am importing .gltf Files( .glb )in rapid sucession i know it is not a good practice but i am lacking a better functional way at the moment.

its workingh with 0.1 Second Delay but maybe even shorter duration will work.

Do somebody know a good way to get access of the imported actor after using “Import Scene” Node or “Import Asset” . ?

maybe with the specified Content Path Parameter ?

Import asset does not spawn actors so you will not get them.

What do you need to access the actor for?

i want to access the static mesh that is on that imported Actor.

Then i copy the mesh to an fresh spawned dynamic mesh Actor and simulate it after some geometry script operations at runtime.

After import Scene i can see what i want access to in the PIE : its the static mesh on Test_Part:

grafik

The Root Actor B102517 is identically with the filename i used.

so maybe i go for a list of all actors and sort it by name . then finding for each filename the corresponding actor.

But this way feels like bad practice.

I still hoping to find a way to get rid of custom delays like described in my post above.

If the Asset is loaded there has to be a way to check it and than spawn actors with it or ?

You can access an event on the ImportAssetParameters struct, to be called after scene import is completed. And you can get an array of the actors in the scene from it.

You could also do a custom pipeline, insert code in the post asset creation and that would let you perform action on each static mesh. But that might not be as efficient as editing all at once as shown above.

1 Like

beautiful, i like it, Thank you very much !