5 quick questions/queries that have got me stumped and a little confused after a day with the engine (I’ve been watching all the great Ue4 tutorials for the past week and finally started tinkering hands on)
Content Sensitive Issues
- Why do some actions not get shown when you tick ‘Content Sensitive’ when making a new node even though they can be connected to. (I seem to constantly be turning the switch on or off. Sometimes getting more options with content Sensitive ‘on’ which seems odd?..). Is it buggy or am I simply misunderstanding its use.
Mac Windows Issue
2. I’m using a Mac running the latest Yosemite OS. On all the great UE4 tuts online they always position Blueprint over the main editor and are able to click or drag a mesh/material etc to reference in blueprint. When I try that it moves my blue print window behind the main editor and the editor window to the fore. Is there a way to stop this happening… Also it won’t let me dock the BluePrint window into the interface (I can undock and dock other windows) and is getting very frustrating.
UE4 Answer Hub won’t let me post?
3. I tried writing a question out on UE4 AnswerHub . I was logged in, I’d chosen a category… added 5 or less tags but the ‘post question’ button did nothing. I was using Safari on a Mac… tried 3 separate times and it doesn’t tell me why?
4. Oh and zooming in and out of the Blueprint graph using the scroll wheel keeps stopping and won’t let me zoom in, unless I first zoom out a bit more first… anyone else getting this?
Best BluePrint node reference?
5. Coming from Unity using C# where they had the ever helpful albeit daunting scripting reference, is their a simple goto page where I can type in any action for BluePrint and get an explanation of what it is, what it does, what it expects and a simple example? (Is the BluePrint API reference the goto place? the search seems a bit to wide as it checks the AnswerHub and wiki as well?)
Thanks for any light you can shed… Sorry for being such a complete newb. I’ve watched over 4 hours of tutorials before I jumped into the software but some things that I thought made sense err… haven’t. Happy to learn and enjoying the journey… just hit a bit of a rocky road early on.