Download

Constant frame hiccups in editor no matter the project on 4.21

I’ve been getting constant frame drops every second no matter which project I launch, be it my own project or a fresh new template project.

I know there was an issue related to Aftermath which was causing the same thing in 4.19 and 4.20 but it seems like it has been fixed now.

The hiccups occur both in the editor and in PIE.

I answered on another thread about a similar issue occuring in 4.19 & 4.20, but since that thread are not about 4.21.1 I’ll still update this thread.

I’ve tried updating my video driver (I have a Geforce GTX 1070) to the latest version (417.35) and even downgraded to 385.69 as suggested previously, but each time I change drivers, the issue goes away temporarily and then comebacks about an hour later. Once it’s back though, it’ll keep happening until I update my video drivers again.

My current specs are:

Unreal 4 version: 4.21.1

GPU: Geforce GTX 1070

CPU: Interl(R) Core™ i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Ram: 15.92 GB

Video:

https://youtu.be/5BHrHF1TAHU

Do you have any slate dialogs open… animation editor… even a simple message box in lower right corner?

Try running fullscreen with F11

The issue occurs as soon as I open the editor, be it for my project or a fresh new project.

With the FPS counter for the editor checked on you can see that the hiccups occur even if nothing is playing, no matter if there’s any other tabs open or not.

The hiccups even occur on an empty map.

Running fullscreen does not fix the issue.

Do you by any chance have two monitors and run the Editor on both of them?

I do, though usually the editor only runs on one screen I often drag tabs on the second monitor.

Though if your follow-up question is to ask me if the issue starts happening when the editor is on both screens at the same time, it occurs no matter if I use both screen or no at any given time.