Computer freezes when packaging game

After having trouble with getting my game to package eventually it looked like I was getting somewhere except I ran into a problem. Whenever my game is packaging it freezes the whole computer after an hour. I also tried packaging it on a friends computer but it also crashed on hers. I don’t know if it’s because my game is over 20GB, my driver, my graphics card needs updating or simply my computer not being able to handle it. I haven’t any screenshots of the log when it freezes so if you need me to obtain those I will. I’ve seen a few suggestions saying to migrate everything to another project so would that be a possible option I show follow?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hello porcelainwitch,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

  1. What platform are you packaging for?
  2. Can you package a blank project?
  3. If you watch the output log when packaging, is the project actually freezing up or is just taking a long time?
  4. Are you using a source build?
  5. Is this a code project?
  6. Are you nativizing any blueprints?
  7. Could you provide your dxdiag?
  8. Could you provide your logs?

Hello porcelainwitch,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,

I am packaging for PC, yes I can package a blank project. It freezes my WHOLE computer, so I don’t know what’s stopping it. It’s a project using blueprints.

I am packaging for PC, yes I can package a blank project. It freezes my WHOLE computer, so I don’t know what’s stopping it. It’s a project using blueprints.

Yeah so I tried packaging again and it froze the whole computer after only 15 minutes. I couldn’t even take a screenshot of the log. I’m not finding any other solutions so I’m just going to have too migrate everything to a new project.

I migrated all the levels to a new project and it packaged! :slight_smile:

I am happy that you were able to solve your issue. I will be converting you last comment to an answer. If the issue returns and you would like further assistance please feel free to reopen this issue with any additional information you may have.

Make it a great day