Compile failed. Creating project c++

Hello!

If I want create project, I can’t create project because COMPILE FAILED
I reinstalled Visual Studio, and Unreal Engine. No effects.

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running D:/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/4.10/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject2 Development Win64 -project="C://Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.uproject" -rocket -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -2015
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProject2Editor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool "C://Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.uproject" "C:\\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProject2Editor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -rocket -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProject2Editor in 6,1052935 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 8 actions (2 in parallel)
[2/8] Resource PCLaunch.rc
D:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Windows\PCLaunch.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'windows.h'.
PCH.MyProject2.h.cpp
D:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\PlatformIncludes.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'new': No such file or directory
[3/8] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
D:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Resources\Windows\ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl(3) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'windows.h'.
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject2\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject2.dll
Total build time: 12,07 seconds

In the product version you have 4.11 preview… But, I see 4.10 in the above text file. I am sure you have, but you did upgrade the project to 4.11…?

Hello ,

From the error message contained in your post:

“D:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Windows\PCLaunch.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘windows.h’.”

This message normally means that you do not have the Windows SDK installed or Visual Studio isn’t using the correct file path for it. Please try installing the Windows SDK. Be aware that there are different versions depending on your OS version. If this does not help, there have also been reports of users having issues if their Windows username includes any special characters, such as ñ. Please ensure that your username does not contain any special characters.

I installed SDK from link text

(I have Win 10) and error… Username has’t special characters :frowning:

Have you ensured that your include directories are set up correctly? If you open Visual Studio and go to Project > Properties > VC++ Directories > Include Directories. In this field, you should be able to add the include path. If it is the default location and you’re on a 64 bit version of windows, it should be this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\Include