Tutorial: How to use FFmpeg with the Command Line Encoder in Movie Render Queue

We’ll dive into Unreal’s automatic Command Line Encoder to see how we can get the engine to automatically encode your images out of MRQ. Then let’s go over the basics of ffmpeg including how to install it to your PC and some basic widely used commands.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/BbYV/unreal-engine-how-to-use-ffmpeg-with-the-command-line-encoder-in-movie-render-queue

5 Likes

This is super useful, finally I can get away from exporting AVI! Thanks!

1 Like

is it possible to access {sequence_name} or {job_author} inside of the ffmpeg command ? would love to add them with the drawtext command

I just saw the notification for this comment. In the vanilla version of the engine you can use anything listed under the {format_strings} examples in the Output section of the MRQ config.

:pray:

Hello I have this error, can you help me fix it. Thanks!

I don’t know. Looks like it has an issue with “?f”. Can you post your command line?

Have you ever found a Solution for that Error ? I have the same after updated to 5.3 but i think thats not the Reason.

I am not sure its incorrect. How are you trying to set the frames? Do you have the correct syntax?