[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Thanks for the insight [MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

, finally got downloaded… Thanks for great plugin.

pls guys i really need help , i can’t resolve error Screenshot by Lightshot , no one can help me ?

I have to say is all really amazing that you have done!

Any you could give a really quick run down on how your Material works? Just the material

pls~TT V4.13

Is anybody having issues with viewing the in wireframe mode? My machine seems to crash regularly when doing so.

https://.com///tree/4.13

Thanks for great plugin!

I am a total noob with UE4 and i have some problems…

1. There are some weird reflections and i dont know how i can fix these… I disabled the PlanarReflectionComponent, because its slowing down my scene a lot. Do i have to enable something or rebuild the lighting? I have two “SphereReflectionCapture” actors in my map and if i click update captures, nothing happens. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe that fixes my problem #3 too…

2. If i enable the clouds and ExponentialHeightFog i get jagged lines at the horizon. Is there a way to fix ?

3. The Reflection of my sun doesn’t update when the sun moves. Should the “Skylight capture interval” control that?

Thanks for your time!

comercial project?

@ When is the FFT module being released? I really REALLY like what you’ve done there, it flows so real!

Thats TK AFAIk and he only releases when its PERFECT (that said I’m trying to multithread the as much as possible right now but I’m having more issues trying to figure out the materials than the code)

is probably a stupid question, but is there anyway to turn off the Infinite system?

Super project. do you made an update to 4.13? i would be more than happy :slight_smile:
thanks anyway

I’m sorry if has been asked before, I couldn’t find the answer. Is it possible to have the waves travel in a direction relative to the player, in a case where I have an island and I always want the waves to travel towards the shore on all sides?

Happy to report that the 4.13 version seems to work just fine in the 4.14 preview.

hey guys, may NOT be the oceans fault, but …

When i display the (any format, w/SSR, ultimate, etc) the horizon is totally cut flat. Using truesky, i noticed all my cloud bases are cut where the horizon is. When i remove the from visual, it looks perfect. I dont know if is because of reflections, or, truesky, or, project.

Anyone notice type of thing when using (or global reflections) ?

Side question - all reflections of the clouds are tiny and not scaled - again, maybe reflections. To resolve, i can use reflection caps, but, i would need hundreds of them to cover the map …

Edit: “resolved”
adding the “truesky” node to the material and connecting it to OPASITY resolves the issues with the clouds and all that

Anyone have an idea how to break the infinite component? I would rather work with a plane that could be sized. I’m trying to create a rough and choppy lake, but I can’t seem to figure out how to turn off the infinite system functionality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, it’s pretty simple, when you have the BP_ocean in your level, got to “Infinite System” -> choose follow method stationary -> and play with the scale parameter.

Hmm, I altered those settings and the water plane still seems to stretch to the horizon. You’re speaking of the “Infinite System” variable within the actual Blueprint correct?

EDIT: Solved the. I hadn’t realized that the actual meshes were so incredibly large. I actually had turned off the infinite, the meshes themselves were just so massive that they still stretched to the horizon =P

Resizing the meshes associated worked perfectly. A big thanks to TK for the help with one.

Is free for commercial use?

Hi!!

First, Congratulations for your work, its really .

I’m trying to use it for a kind of flight game just because the infinity is perfect for . But I have some problems: The “central part” of the has much more quality than the rest and looking it from the sky you can see perfectly a square in the , its no so beautiful.
My other is when I change dynamically the time of the day. The only refresh the enviroment in the central square.

It’s the normal behaviour of the proyect or I’m doing something wrong??

Thanks and congratulations again.

EDIT: Finally the “strange square” is the planar reflection component inside BP so… I can scale it to cover a huge distance but… I did not mention it, my project is for VR so the planar reflections are not supported. It should not be a problem, the looks nice without planar reflections but I still have the about the time changing. If I change the sky settings in runtime the reflections are not updated… I mean, if the game starts in the morning and then I change it to be at night, the oceans keep the initial reflections. Any tip for ??