[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Heck i’d pay $50 for it on the marketplace if it meant I didn’t have to install stuff manually in such a messy manor.

I’ve installed the plugins and moved all the content from the to my own. Loading up the maps works fine and everything looks good. However, If I try and move all the loose folders to a new subfolder (to keep my project clean) everything breaks. How can I move folders into other folders within the editor so as to not break everything? it’s driving me nuts. Many thanks in advance.

Hey RedSaturnSix. I was able to implement in my project by following these steps in exact order:

1. Add plugin to project. I just copied the plugin files into my project’s plugin folder. It should be a sibling to the Content folder in your projects root directory.
  2. Restart the editor.
  3. Migrate the assets DIRECTLY to your Content folder root. YOU MUST migrate the assets straight into the Content folder. If you attempt to migrate into a sub folder of content, it will likely cause issues.
  4. Once the migration is complete, you should now be able to drag the newly migrated assets to whatever subfolder you wish them to permanently reside.
  5. Once the assets are moved to your desired subfolder, right click on the Content folder in the editor content browser. Select “Fix Redirectors”.
  6. Now you should be able to freely use the assets in any scene or map.

Let me know if I can help further! Good luck! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That was the most helpful comment ever man. Love you.

when it will be available the new version 4.13 ?

for plugin,
Can i change wave/surface in runtime?
I tried change wave length variable when playing in editor, but it was not work.
And also, base on existing code to modify, is it possible to create multiple area for the ? For example, the wave’s length is 10000 in area 1, but the wave’s length is 5000 in area 2.
It is because I want to create an open world game. thx!

Were you ever able to figure out why the large objects in front of the water were generating reflections? I’m having the same and haven’t had any luck troubleshooting it.

hi, great job on ! but how i can use the blueprint water onan other project… i’ve tried to migrate the bluepint for the water but i can’t find it in the other project where i migrated it. can someone help me? thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah is exactly what I’ve done a number of times. :frowning:

I can get water to appear in my levels but it doesn’t appear in my editor view.

I get all these weird errors.

And all the original folders are there still with no files in the content browser but 2k redirect files on the disk. :frowning:

I’m struggling with replication of wave.
My project is gun-shooting game using dedicated server and have a plan about the battle on the .
So, many things have to be replicated to clients including the wave.

I tested OceanPlugin at the dedicated server and clients and found that the wave is not synchronized.
I changed OceanPlugin’s code to use replicated world time for creating the wave.
But, it didn’t work.

Is there anyone who know how to deal with it?

can you open the project without migration? as in the original project files?
do you get errors?
looks like for some reason you are getting big BP errors in there - make sure you are using the correct version with the version of UE4 you are using.

Yeha it opens fine inside it’s own project. I’m running .13 and downloaded the latest version from thread. I’ve had with every version of the project i’ve downloaded.

Will project was abandoned ?

@RedSaturnSix

make sure you have the plugin in the plugins folder
make sure you have it enabled
make sure you have the global reflections turned on (options > project > render > global reflections)

If its working in its own project then you had either a bad import, or, something in your settings is wrong, or, you didnt fully import all the required items.

[MENTION=515743]Unmei no kizuna[/MENTION]

im pretty sure it is still alive - updates dont come every day, we usually see them 1 time per month, maybe … everything generally works tho.

Having issues with , loading the project as provided, it functions fine.

Getting it into my project, is where I am having issues. Even tried copying ALL files into my project, then loading the included maps, and even in the editor errors are thrown up that /scripts/ cannot be found. isnt in the downloaded package, yet that works. Am I missing something?

Does the version difference between UE 4.12 and 4.13 break the plugin or will it still work on 4.13 even though it’s meant for 4.12? Or does it work only in parts?

It works fine if you compile it for 4.13. I’m not sure if I can post the files so I’ll wait for someone to confirm if I can or not.

**** stuck at initializing
4.12:stuck at 45%
4.13:(from )stuck at 39% (if i delete the dlls and rebuild it stuck at 43%)
what to say……
waste time
呵呵呵

Hey ,

I haven’t posted here in a while but I’m still working on the project in my free time as always :stuck_out_tongue:

eMvc_soLHUk

Here is my first attempt at energy-based foam generation.
The foam is generated from the spectrum and has coverage, decay rate and wave velocity range parameters.

512x512 FFT grid running on the GPU (@ ~2ms).

Note that the shader here is by no means final, it’s just a diffuse color and default foam texture from engine’s content.