[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

You don’t happen to have a wake attached hey? That’s what that looks like the wake is beta

Ok, thanks :smiley: I’m just trying to make an underground compound type area beneath my building, and I have an elevator shaft going to it, but you see the water inside the elevator for a split second as it’s going down :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’m going to try having it load in a separate UE4 level as the elevator lowers just so I don’t have to worry about it.

Dying Light had a pretty decent transition. The water seemed to have a bit of a thickness when you were half-submerged, looked really good in my opinion.

So any progress post on ? I can’t use it in 10.2 on a beach that I’m making :c

Thanks for project guys!

We used flocking system and added to our game:

O4r7lW9Vkvo

Yep it was the wake. Thanks for responding :). I made it invisible be default and visible on begin play which removed that. It’s a good placeholder for our system for now.

Yay!! Glad it was of some help :D!

On Ubuntu I don’t see the water. In the log was something alike could not compile material. Shader model 5 with opengl 4.3.
Any help? Thanks

Any on a 4.10 version?

Its running just fine on 4.10.2 for me.

UE 4.10.2 NOT WORKING - “.dll - missing” error. Downloaded Visual studio with Common tools. Nothing works. Please help

Hi
I have some problems with system when I set the waves to come to the beach , if player look at them from the front, waves get messy ! waves behind surface is shown and draw lines overlapping
it makes waves distorted. problem occurs at very low altitudes and not from the top view

Liondog: Just compile the actual version, if you don’t have anything to do it, someone posted the binaries somewhere in the thread.

Yes works fine in 4.10.2 only on Ubuntu UE bug:
questions/352034/bug-report-sm5-on-linux-is-limited-to-16-texture-s.html
I wonder who sets to resolved.-
Anyway by the time I have my stuff done I should be able to use Vulkan. So I work on Windows and only compile the final for SteamOS.
Love the water.

I’m working on using the experimental sky for a year, month, day, hour, minute clock so that I can do time compression, I only re-started my subsim from scratch a few days ago I’ll post the blueprint on blueprintue.com when I get it done. Still learning as much c++ as I can at the same time, it seems like unreals API is sooo much more complex than learning c++ on its own, Java I have no issues with but Unreals c++ is tough with all the macros and constructors and headers syntax.

Project Operation Trident Offical Development Log - SUBSIM Radio Room Forums for progress and downloads.

Edit: Get well soon DC!

Anyone looked into minimaps? Most minimaps require a landscape to use as the background for a scenecapture2d bp. I can apply the material to a large landscape but it kills the fps from 80 down to like 5. Gonna try to edit it to use the mesh and see where I get butit may require what that one game did for the “off the deep end” game jam twitch video where they edited the landscape in the engine source code to be used for oceans.

Looks amazing! Just saw it on Pic of the day in Epic’s Games Launcher.

Keep up the work.

Curious as to where you got the ship assets?

I have an interesting question for you, how does one go about making sure the gerstner waves are always flowing towards you, based on camera position? That’d pretty much MAKE shader. Also, if there’s some sort of way to make the waves crash into objects, without just dissipating, for say… a rough storm or something? I’d really appreciate it.

Ship assets are on turbosquid I believe, Or maybe it is just a coincidence, but I went ahead and bought the higher LOD of it.

Maths lots of it not easy. I’m trying to compile all the community/OS/papers on water simulation and port them to the ue4 API I can and its not easy to do anything more than what DC and TK have done… which is hard in its own right
Edit: I’m also going to work on/rewrite parts of/improve on DC’s sky setup to make a clock with time compression in any free time today.

I have latitude and longitude changing depending where you travel its pretty nice will post that when I get time cause its ea

Edit2: Didnt realize already did all the hard work.

Heres a slight improvment formatted, if you prefer it. If anyone needs the BP let me know ill post it to www.blueprintsue.com

I setup time compression as well if anyone needs it, its very easy to setup.

imula
Installed Unity for the first time in a while today, gonna try to port any features I can find over there to the project in my fork and see if DC wants to merge it. Once I get my UE4 api skills and cpp skills up to par with my Uni Java skills I’ll be making major developments particularly in simulations and underwater regards.