[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Gah! I just noticed your post now… Ugh… sorry HeadClot.

But some good news!! Buoyancy is almost ready, I found I was calculating the wave incorrectly from the OceanManager BP, got that fixed and I can get something to float a bit finally. It still needs a bit more work but it should be any day now!

I am creating a BuoyantMesh blueprint base classes that will allow you to set any static mesh you want, and it will calculate the mass and center of mass offset of the input mesh. It will be adjustable as well, but by default it will create 4 debug spheres around the COM of the object that get used for applying gravity or buoyant forces to each sphere so it can rock back and forth with the waves.

Regarding multiple water planes as it stands right now, you can add a second BP right next to (or even overlapping) so long as they have the same settings. But that is the least performant way of doing , I am planning to add a Mesh Spawner in the Construction script to create multiple meshes in a grid format. The material itself is in WSC so there shouldn’t be any problems getting them to line up correctly, you can even overlap them if you need to.

Also I have been working on getting an LOD system functional to avoid the performance issues I just noted, I will have some more info on later, but if you have any ideas you’d like to pass my way I would be all ears!

Thanks HeadClot! :slight_smile: