Yeah the foam is no where near ideal, I left it in as I have not come up with a better system yet unfortunately. Do you have any more info on the AO technique? Moving it out of base color would help as I don’t like calling DepthFade so many times along the line, it is bound to cause issues (maybe even the one you show in the image). Before I added in the foam the opacity depth worked much better, now it seems to only affect the color instead of actually fading by distance.
Thanks for reporting these issues!
EDIT: Looking into this a bit more it looks like the DepthFade is inverted somehow, the translucency should pull away from in front of the camera when the value is decreased, instead it is making the areas furthest from the camera translucent first, the lower the value, the closer it comes to the camera. I’m not going to upload a new version of this until I get this sorted out, the TimeMultipler fix is fairly simple, but this is not good at all…
EDIT #2: So after some more investigating the normal output from the wave calculations is causing major problems in the DepthFade for Opacity & Base Color. I have simply removed the connection from the 2 DepthFade node’s and can see a big improvement to the overall look.
I will be updating the links shortly with this fix in place, it is not the answer to this issue but makes a big difference.