So I’m hoping/praying someone will be able to help. Although I’m familiar with 3ds Max I’m new to UE4 and the game production pipeline. I spent a good amount of time yesterday trying to figure this out let alone watching videos. For one reason or another I cannot figure this out to save my life and it’s really annoying. More or less I’m using 3ds Max and I’m trying to import a collision mesh onto a static mesh. I’m starting simple with nothing more than a cube following direction online and it does not work. I more or less want to figure this out for a level I’m creating. If anyone can please tell me what I’m doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it! I would not come to the site unless I needed help!
- I Export the static mesh from 3ds Max into UE4. Everything works perfect.
- I import the static mesh from 3ds Max into UE4. Again, everything works perfect.
- I open the static mesh editor and can apply a pre-made collision from UE4 i.e. Box. Again, everything works perfect.
- I create a copy of the static mesh and name it UCX_Character001. The static mesh is named Character001.
- I exported the collision, saved over the .FBX, reimported in UE4. Again the pre-made collision works fine, but when I activate collision by itself nothing happens.
The process seems so simple, but again it does not work.
Again, thank you for any feedback! I’m certain it’s a simple problem, a problem I’d really like to move past!