Download

Check Gameplay Tag of Overlapping Actor/ Component

Hey guys, I’m still a bit new to Unreal and I’m trying to figure things out.
So I’m trying to make an interactive element and material system of sorts. I’m assigning tags to various actors and when their colliders overlap, different things happen.
For example, if an actor that has a tag of ‘wood’ overlaps with another actor of a tag of ‘fire’, it spawns a flame particle system on the wood actor.
I’m using ‘On Component Begin Overlap’, but I haven’t been able to find a way to check the tag of the ‘Other Actor’ that is overlapping to execute a specific branch of operations.

Is there a way to check the tag of the overlapping component/ actor and execute a specific operation based on that tag?

Thank you!

Thank you for the response. But for some reason, I’m not able to get it to work.
I added a Gameplay Tag variable to the overlapping actor and assigned it the tag I had created called ‘Element.Fire’. In the player character BP, I check the overlapping actor’s tag and if it has the tag ‘Element.Fire’, a fire particle effect should spawn over the player character.
However, the branch is always passing as ‘false’. I don’t understand why it isn’t working.

Any suggestions and advice would be highly appreciated.