Character doesn't appear because of ES2 75 bones limitation

Hello,

I published a game in Google Play, but when my friends instaled it the player character doesn’t appear. Durring packaging I receive a warning that the character mesh has 84 bones and the ES2 limit is 75 bones, so the mesh will not be rendered. How can I solve this problem if it’s possible. Thank you in advance!

Hi, you can either reduce your character bones(obviously) or you can build a custom engine and change limit in the source code.

Thanks, man! I will try one of these.

Bone limitation is in the UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\RHI\Public\RHIDefinitions.h line 1065.

Thanks again, but is this change of bone limitation safe. Can it chrash the engine or the project. Sorry for the stupid question, but I’m nubie.

It increases memory usage for characters rendering and if you need too much memory – then yes, the engine will crash. It depends on how many these characters are in the scene. I had something under 15 characters with up to 89 bones and it didn’t crash. You should do memory tests if you are not sure.
Changing models is the correct answer here because mobile games usually don’t so complicated models.

Thank you very much! I will try first bone number reducing.