Download

Change the default location of Unreal Projects source code

I downloaded UnrealEngine source to my drive (“D:\UnrealEngine-release”), and then run the “Setup.bat” star to download binary content for the engine, as well as installing prerequisites and setting up Unreal file associations, finally run GenerateProjectFiles.bat to create project files for the engine, and build with vs2013 successed.

When i change the path from “D:\UnrealEngine-release” to “E:\UnrealEngine-release”, rebuild it, i got this error from vs2013:error MSB3073: The command “”…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1.
And then i run this from cmd, got this error: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib

So how can I change it?

Hi!

Try to run GenerateProjectFiles.bat again. I think this must help you.

Hey bingcaihuang-

If you downloaded the zip file for the source code you should be able to unzip to the second drive (E:) and then run both Setup.bat and GenerateProjectFiles.bat and build the engine on that drive. Both versions (locations) of the engine should register with Windows when the exe is ran and both should be available when you right click the .uproject and select the “Switch Unreal Engine version” option.