Can't start flipbook from 1st frame

Hi, everyone

There are few topics on answerhub about this but none with the suitable answer - how can i make flipbook start from frame 1 every time i hit play and get spawned on a level?

Many help needed, much thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello,
Try this:

Hm, it seems i can’t find this node. Can you please tell where you’re calling it from? A BP?

Also one more thing - i need to call it as a dynamic material on the plain, maybe that’s the issue?

You need to better understand how to reference things.

If you have a flipbook inside a BP then you Get that flipbbok and pull from it to find the above node.

If you just have a flipbook inside a level , then you need to select that asset, open up the level blueprint and right click. From there you can reference it by doing the above.

Cheers.

Sorry, for causing a misunderstanding - we need a material flipbook element to play from the start. We’re using this kind of setup:

I have no clue what you are trying to achieve.

Could you please explain in depth so we can try and help you?

What does the title of this thread has to do with this, is beyond me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, guess no more - here comes the solution :slight_smile: I was trying to get the dynamic material to play it’s embedded stuff from the 1st frame every time i enter the scene. With the Time node connected to it it was quite not possible. So i’ve set up it’s control via BP and scalar parameter:

And thanks everyone for being here with me, you’re a wonderful audience :slight_smile: