Download

Can't move in Top Down templet

I started a top-down project. Deleted the starting assets (walls, blocks, floor, etc) and created a new floor. Now I cannot move to save my life. I messed around with the nav mesh bounds volume, but I don’t know if that’s working or not and I don’t know how to test it. I thought you pressed ‘P’ to make it show up, but if that’s it, it’s not working.

Anyway, I’m auto-possessing the pawn, I checked that. I’ve moved the NavMeshBoundsVolume to cover the area I’m in. I can’t get it to show, but the pawn is for certain inside that volume.

Please help.
Thanks

I don’t think the pawn is possessed in the top down, it just runs where you tell it.

Yes, P should show the nav mesh in green. Basically plop it on any mesh and P should light it up.

( the player won’t move without it ).

Thanks for the response.

The pawn is possessed in top down. It won’t run where you tell it otherwise as the player controller won’t be assigned to it.

I got “P” to work and that’s as it should be now.

I recreated the player controller and the player blueprint, and now everything is fine. I must have deleted something I shouldn’t have when I was first cleaning that mess up (deleting VR controls and such.)

Again, Thanks

Ok, but you could just give the player the AI controller, I assumed that was the default.

Glad to hear you got it working :smiley: