Can't export or import files from rcproj

I have certain rcproj files which do not allow importing or exporting data (alignment data, model data,…)
Everything can still be viewed inside RC. Both tested on CLI and promo license.

To follow up. It seems to be connected to this issue

https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014504431-Bug-11811-Project-created-by-save-as-does-not-start-without-old-project

So component became corrupt because it had still dependencies in the old file. Recovered those files. But now I am not able to export data anymore. I can only view it in reality capture.

Hello Willy,

thank you for reporting this issue.

Was there any issue when saving the project or some error that might cause incorrect saving of the project? 

Does any error message show up when you try to export something or the export buttons are disabled?

Would it be possible to share with us project file (.rcproj) and project folder so that we cane examine it on our side? If yes, can you please upload it somewhere and send me the link via contact form on our webpage? Thank you.

Was there any issue when saving the project or some error that might cause incorrect saving of the project?

No issue when saving the project, I did move some files which i assumed had no dependency which caused this project not to open. After moving these files back the project could open again but i would get the operation failed error.

Does any error message show up when you try to export something or the export buttons are disabled?

Export is enabled, export model works + textures
Import is enabled, import model fails (just on this file) with error message Importing model operation failed
Export registration, fails, with same error, operation failed
Point cloud + image list works
Report overview fails.

Would it be possible to share with us project file (.rcproj) and project folder so that we cane examine it on our side?

I will send a mail with follow up.

Hi Willy,

you could try to hit alignment and wait till all the features are detected and then abort. For some things features are neccessary to be present in the cache folder…

Hey Götz,

Interesting to know it’s necessary for some features. But apparently in this file, hitting alignment also gives me operation failed error message.

Oh dear. So I hope Zuzana can make it work somehow!  :slight_smile:

Hello Willy,

did you manage to solve this problem?