Can't build unreal engine on windows 8

GenerateProjectFiles.bat fail to find visual studio express. My suggestion is that GetVSComnToolsPath.bat search for wrong register name because there is some difference between windows 7 and windows 8.
But I can’t help my self because i don’t know what must be the correct register name/path.
Is anyone use windows 8 ??

I do, and this works for me.
I don’t use express, though…

Which windows 8 you are using ? 8 or 8.1. I don’t know is there any difference

10 character limit :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: But my comp at home used to be 8 until recently. I built on that without any problems, as well.

EDIT again: Have you installed the required files? This is the only thing I can think of atm. that can give an error…

Hello,
when i updgraded from 7 to 8, i got some issues too (all my programs have been deleted ^^) But it been perfect on new install. So i would say, try to delete (or move to another folder) your ue4 folder. Then go back to your unreal subscription and download again (it will work even if you are no more subscribe with the latest version you can have access) then install again and it would be ok on first try if you don’t have trouble somewhere else.

Ok I find the problem. There is two kinds of visual studio express for c++, visual studio express and visual studio express for desktop. I installed both and now all is ok. Thanks