Android SDK Tools Revision 24.3.3

and

Using latest Build Tools: 19.1.0 - although never version were available

Output log below

inside log file I also noted the:

Project Settings - Packaging

Project Settings - Android

Settings just in case

Is there anything else I can do? Provide you with? Do you have a + account so I can give you access to whole project so you can load it up in UE4 ?

SO I managed to do make it Launch on Tablet

It’s play services :frowning: that stops game from launching.

I edited file in UE4Game\BalloonyPoPRevised\Engine\Config\Android\AndroidEngine.ini

I altered this part:

[OnlineSubsystem]

DefaultPlatformService=GooglePlay

to

[OnlineSubsystem]

;DefaultPlatformService=GooglePlay

disabling play and now game runs fine on my tablet

It seems you can not (like topic states) Alpha test way describes it with Unreal Engine.

I’m yet to make a shipping build and upload it to without play services enabled (as last time even with it Disabled it still didn’t work)

Whenever you post something to do with crash I need runtime as well as build as latter gives no indication as to why it has crashed.

Setting it disabled does not stop subsystem coming up - it only stops it trying to talk to servers which this crash is not related to.

I am, however, becoming confused as to what state things are in when you are posting these things.
I need you to slow down and be clear as to what you are doing.
In this instances I have no idea what state of build is (debug? release? development?), build output or runtime output.
Trying to debug from means I need this information provided clearly - I understand this is frustrating however throwing posts at me devoid of information isn’t going to get an answer any quicker.

I’m sorry for this (I thought I was clear enough)

above is from launching from UE engine to device, I edited ini file described afterwards to disable GooglePlay services, then game worked on tablet.

Ill be more clear once I have done some more troubleshooting later today. Sorry for posting in wrong manner.

As a test can you try deleting folders;

\Intermediate\Android
\StagedBuilds
\Cooked\Android

That’ll clean out any lingering files which might help things out if this is a strange build config problem.

I did so already, it seems Play Services is main problem.

I can build shipping → for deployment builds and install them via batch file on my Tablet now when I have unchecked “Enable Play Support”

Later today I will upload a build with “Enable Play Support” disabled and see if it will work from store then.

Yes, it is problem question is why is it a problem for you as I can build a test app here which gets to point of trying to connect to play before dying (no app ID so expected), but doesn’t show any of problem you are seeing.

I just noticed 4.4.4 device is running ART not normal 4.x run time.
What PRECISE version of Android 5 is your other device running?

Tablet:

Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-750)

Android-version: 4.4.4

Kernel-version: 3.10.20+

Phone:

Acer liquid Z220

Android-version: 5.0

Kernel-version: 3.4.0-g0bfd807

Both stock (not rooted or anything)

I can confirm that a Shipping-> For development build with “Enable Play Support” disabled works on both devices by installing game with a batch file…

So I managed to get a bit further with a

Shipping-> For distribution build with “Enable Play Support” enabled.

inside

\Unreal Projects\Balloony PoP Revised 4.8\Build\Android\res\values\

there’s a file \GooglePlayAppID.xml (don’t know how it got there or should be there?) and app_id part was empty

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
	<string name="app_id">750896181789</string> <- should contain your APP ID !
</resources>

I added my APP_ID there and I added a list of all achievements and leaderboards called game-ids.xml (like play services describes)

I can now install game and run it one time where it me into play services but still crashes.

See following log file of local install + login

That file is updated/setup when you configure application for Play, which you said you’d done already when I asked you a day ago?
This is same part of editor which you can use to setup achievements and leader board information.

So, to ask again, have you setup application correctly for Play support via Project Settings → Android section? Because it sounds like you haven’t.

As for test; which device was this run on?
mention ‘Dalvikvm’, but previous from phone and tablet are both using ‘ART’. Is this same device or devices you tested on before? Or is this a different one? If so what device is it and what is it running?
Is that also raw log? Android tend to contain a lot more than that and I’d rather see a raw log.
If you are not already doing so then I recommend capture by using a command window to run ‘adb logcat > log_file_name.txt’ - running this just before you start app and existing via Ctrl-C just after it closes/crashes (once you have dismissed crash box).

I did file doesn’t always write your ID in there. I had to check and un-check the “Enable Play Support” a few times to get ID to show up or fill it in manually (maybe a BUG?)

Trust me when I say everything in editor is set up as it should, you make it sound like it’s not setup right and I’m not willing to discuss this each few comments Bobvodka

I released a game to app store with 4.2 or 4.4 of engine and followed exact same steps it’s not problem.

I have uploaded all I can and lost more hours on logging and talking here than actually building game in UE4.

I don’t want to sound rude but ever since engine is making manifest / signing file automatically things get screwed up. I’m thinking about reverting to a pre 4.6 engine release so I can do it all manually again so I know for a fact that it will work.

We know for a fact that play services is causing a crash, something that shouldn’t happen in first place.

If developers / coders would actually build in a Login button (-print) maybe all this could be tested more easy. By pushing a button to login instead of auto login.

I will do one last test run later today and upload all kinds of for last time as this seems to go nowhere. I also offered you access to whole project if needed so you can have a close look at project itself.

All goes well and runs with play services disabled, as soon as it’s enabled game crashes after logging into Play Services

if you can share project files via drive or some such then email address which should work is .

Don’t think it’s needed anymore, after more bug testing in morning I now have a build on app store that does work when I don’t sign in to " Play Services" (where it asks for rights etc first time you start app).

If I do choose to sign in it crashes at a point where I think I start the [Poll Achievements] and [Force Achievements Update] (borrowed from Tappy Chicken).

I think polling / going through 104 achievements and 3 leaderboards is to much… I will do more testing by adding more delay between the [Poll Achievements] and [Force Achievements Update]

Is there any way to use Print String → to log to actually show in somewhere? project is a Blueprint only project so I can’t use debug builds and am stuck with development or shipping builds.

If I can some how get print string to show in a log somewhere It would be more easy to trouble shoot.

Again I’m not sure if polling / force achievements part is actual part where it crashes but ill do some more testing and keep this topic/you updated.

Hope you can tell me how I can get print string to show up in ?

If you expand the ‘print string’ node it has an option to output to log.
We might however be suppressing log output in a release build.

So even with polling disabled and just letting game login there seems to be a bug with UE4 concerning the

07-17 22:42:22.540: E/dalvikvm(18561): JNI ERROR (app bug): local reference table overflow (=512)
07-17 22:42:22.540: W/dalvikvm(18561): JNI local reference table (0x7245a018) dump:
07-17 22:42:22.540: W/dalvikvm(18561):   Last 10 entries (of 512):

So it’s not clearing / cleaning local references as it should? See below log: I’m at a loss here:

I didn’t save your e-mail so I can’t send you project via drive.

above log is on my tablet as you can see in log:

07-17 22:42:07.420: D/UE4(18561): Android version is 4.4.4

07-17 22:42:07.420: D/UE4(18561): Android manufacturer is Acer

07-17 22:42:07.420: D/UE4(18561): Android model is B1-750

07-17 22:42:07.420: D/UE4(18561): OS language is set to nl_NL

So it’s not achievements polling or updating, it seems the “local reference table has an overflow issue” although I could be wrong it it’s not main issue.

Hope new log will shed some light.

It’s a development build installed locally via batch file. And yes play services is setup right linking 2 apps (shipping and Debug with default android key that a development build uses to access achievements testing.

EDIT:
same thing happens on phone (android 5.0) poll game center and achievements update are enabled in this log, but causes same error

07-18 00:00:30.712: D/UE4(21258): Android version is 5.0

07-18 00:00:30.712: D/UE4(21258): Android manufacturer is Acer

07-18 00:00:30.712: D/UE4(21258): Android model is Z220

07-18 00:00:30.712: D/UE4(21258): OS language is set to nl_NL

OK, so it looks like references problem might be an engine bug; chances are a large number of achievements haven’t been tested and we are doing something wrong so I’ll see what can be fixed there.

If you still want to share project then email address is

Nice, let me know.

I’m runnig a blueprint only project but if needed I’m willing to take a step into porting/migrating it to a code project.

You can delete your e-mail from your comment now just in case a spam/bot get’s it. I have noted it down this time.

Ill upload my whole project to once I’m home and send you an invite/share link for it.

It is looking less of an ‘engine bug’ and more of a case of ‘unintended interaction’ going on here; a fix might take a little while as it might require a rethink/rewrite of how we interact with Java from C++ to prevent this problem.