Cannot install unreal engine on my Imac mid 2011

Hi i have this problem that i cannot install unreal engine on my imac every time i open epic game launcher and hit on install unreal engine it crashes i tried several times , rebooted , allowed installation from anywhere , re downloaded epic launcher file and reinstalled nothing seems to work!!
and thats my macs spec

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP689?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

my mac is 2.7 ghtz processor with 512 ati radeon version

what should i do ? any help will be appreciated

Perhaps you are running out of RAM during the installation, or isn’t working simply because of your specs, here are the recommended system requirements: “For developing with UE4, we recommend a desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later, 8 GB RAM and a quad-core Intel or AMD processor, and a DX11 compatible video card. UE4 will run on desktops and laptops below these recommendations, but performance may be limited.”

Does it just instantly crash when you hit install? Is there a delay after it has started downloading?

My desktop does have a quad core processor and 16Gb of RAM and latest version of OSX installed , forget about working i cant even get the engine to download , epic launcher crashes instantly .

also my graphic card is direct x 11 supported , i checked

it doesn’t even start downloading as soon as i hover and click on install it crashes instantly. i have been sending crash log each time

Hi Jackwayne,

Try the troubleshooting steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. Post them here, along with your Dxdiag/system specs.

Hi Jackwayne,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above then post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.