Cannot compile. Superclass "PaperCharacter" not found

In a blueprint project when I add a PaperCharacter class, the project is compilable. But when I close it, I cannot open it again.
If I delete the code that was added, then I am able to compile it again.
Version is 4.4
If I try to launch the project from the launcher I get the “Module not found” error.

Hi Zubiri,

Is this a C++ project? Have you tried to reproduce this in a clean, blank project with no additional content?

No, it happened with both a C++ project and a a blueprint project that had added code in it.

I’d double check under your project settings that the Paper2D plugin is still activated.

Go to:
UE4Dir → Projects → [NAME] → Source → [NAME] → [NAME].build.cs

Open it with a text editor of your choice.
Then, replace

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore" });

with this:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "Paper2D" });

Then recompile.
This should work I guess.

What code were you adding to the blueprint project? It may be easier to see what is going on if I have an idea of what you were attempting to do.

Hi Zubiri,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information. Thank you.