Can someone please simplify the eula for me? (Move thread if in wrong category)

Can someone simplify the eula for me and tell me which rights i dont have in/for my product using a default license?

Your time is appreciated,
Pumpkin

It is pretty simple as it is already, and rewriting it using simpler language but retaining the meaning would be quite time consuming.

I think you will have more luck getting answers on specific parts of the license.

the only part i care about is if i can sell my game right off the bat, what credits do i need to put and if i have to do something like when in unity you make a lot of cash off your game you must pay for premium

The most important parts as pertaining to your questions:

• You can release any game (for free or commercially) without needing permission from Epic, as long as it isn’t “gambling” (includes systems to win money).

• You need to give credit as follows:

"You agree to place the following notices in the credits for any Product (replacing xxxx with the current year):

“[Product name] uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere”

“Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – xxxx, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.”"

• If you want to use Epic trademarks in addition to the above (for example a UE4 splash screen) you need to contact Epic for permission.

• You never need to pay for UE4 licenses and for “the first $3,000.00 in gross revenue for each Product per calendar quarter” you do not have to pay any royalty. Above that sum “you agree to pay Epic a royalty equal to 5% of all worldwide gross revenue actually attributable to each Product, regardless of whether that revenue is received by you or any other person or legal entity”. (Gross revenue is what the end user pays, including DLC and in app purchases.)

(Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.)

If you released a game and totally forgot to thank Epic in the credits what would actually happen?

My guess:

If Epic finds out they will contact you and ask you to stop distributing the current version and release an updated build (and maybe a patch) with the required credits included.